Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TV's, streaming, OLED 4 K etc.. what?

My situation:
  • 50" (4K, UHD) no picture, sound is good,
  • 32" (HD) remote not working properly,
  • JVC sound bar and sub with both HDMI and optical connections,
  • I've got a 4K firestick, but the new place only has slow WiFi compared to the previous place (ADSL, 100mbs here, 600 there)
What I need is a replacement for the 50". I'll dismantle the old remote, or buy a new one, so the 32" can go back in the bedroom.

I think I might treat us to a new TV. It'll be replacing a 17 years old 40" 720p Sony that has served well, but it would be nice to get the full benefits of the 4K Firestick and all these 4K torrents.

I was leaning towards the Samsung S90C 55" but I've now managed to find the S95C for around the same price (£1299) and don't want to spend much more than that. Is it a good choice?

I think I might treat us to a new TV. It'll be replacing a 17 years old 40" 720p Sony that has served well, but it would be nice to get the full benefits of the 4K Firestick and all these 4K torrents.

I was leaning towards the Samsung S90C 55" but I've now managed to find the S95C for around the same price (£1299) and don't want to spend much more than that. Is it a good choice?

Looks like it's very similar in performance to the LG OLEDs and I'm blown away by ours. Even saved a bit by getting an older model. I had a 1080 plasma before and it was still a massive improvement, coming from an old 720 set I think you'll be very impressed.

Fwiw I don't use the Firestick since I got it. The inbuilt OS has all the apps I need including Plex.

Back
Top Bottom