Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tribe meets white people for the first time (1976)

They're desparately googling to disprove it :D :facepalm:

Can't you just see the joy in something? take it at face value?

But lizzie, if it was shot in 1976 it was magical but if it was shot in 1993 then our enjoyment and marvel at it is invalid, void, nugatory.

Most people don't like to be toyed with. If something is going to elicit emotion, they like to think that it's genuine, unless they've gone looking for a novel, movie etc as entertainment.

It's the definition of trolling. Using something fake to elicit an emotional response.

There is a short film as part of the 'Ten minutes older' compilations (I can't remember which one it was in) that documents the 'discovery' of apparently one of the 'last known tribes to encounter modern civilisation' from the Amazon rainforest. It was probably made around 35 years ago (it was a long time ago I came across it). It was a similar story, but it showed more of the effects that it had on the tribe afterwards. All I really remember was the end, it talked about the nephew of one of the 'chief' tribesmen. The nephew now lived and worked in Rio, in IT, and was quite embarrassed of his lineage. Anyway it was quite interesting.

I wouldn't pull this shit (Pictured here with a French fucking anthropologist)
david_narrowweb__300x406%252C0.jpg

Amongst other things, I found the scripted actions of the 'lost tribe' to be clownish and demeaning to actual aboriginal peoples. Maybe some of you actually believe these stupid and patronizing caricatures.

Amongst other things, I found the scripted actions of the 'lost tribe' to be clownish and demeaning to actual aboriginal peoples. Maybe some of you actually believe these stupid and patronizing caricatures.

You were right. There's no need to be triumphalist about it, though.

Oh you be trippin, the acting wasn't too bad and its years since I met the last lost tribe on the family plantation in Guiana when I last saw those big eyes looking out through the undergrowth at me.

Back
Top Bottom