Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transfer Deadline Day, Sep 2014

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
Come on, it needs its own thread ;) :p

Haven't been keeping in touch with things, and just logged on to find Falcao is heading to Man Utd. Arsenal and Chelsea needed strikers, but good ol' Man Utd got him! Presumably they've discovered Rooney is an excellent CB? :confused:

Honestly, how are you going to fit RVP, Rooney and Falcao into the same lineup :confused: I suppose Rooney playing behind t'other two?

Hope Hernandez has a good time at Madrid, though you've got to think he's not going to be a first choice striker there either...

In other news, Ben Arfa has turned down a loan move to Birmingham. Shocking.

Chelsea don't need a striker
I did question that after I posted it, but if Costa gets injured, then you've got the 30+ Drogba and Schurrle, who is good but not an out-and-out striker.

There are goals from elsewhere in the team, obviously, but I'm sure I heard you were in the hunt for Falcao? Maybe it was Man City.

I did question that after I posted it, but if Costa gets injured, then you've got the 30+ Drogba and Schurrle, who is good but not an out-and-out striker.

They could call Patrick Bamford back from loan. But they won't. I just hope he has the sense to leave properly, because he won't get a game at Stamford Bridge under the policy of the last ten years, yet he looks quite useful.

Sky sports news is like a perverts paradise with cameramen and reporters hiding behind trees and dustbins to get a sneaky snap of a player getting into his car.Blokes sitting in a studio salivating over how many millions have been spent, Strange stuff.

Was trying to follow it on Sky here in HK. God knows how those anchors can keep looking so shiny and excited by the news that someone nobody has ever heard of is moving from one shit club to another. It actually put me to sleep still with 7.5 Hours to go!!

Awful job.

Premier League clubs spend record £835m on transfers in summer window
Manchester United led the way, with a record for an English club of £150m spent, as the Premier League clubs displayed the spending power of their huge domestic TV deal.

The business advisory firm Deloitte said the total was almost double the sum spent by clubs in Spain’s La Liga this summer.

The £835m is also more than £200m more than the previous record of £630m, also by Premier League clubs in 2013, and the net spend was £410m – £350m to overseas clubs and £60m to Football League clubs.
So British clubs have spent almost twice as much as the nearest other league, and over three-quarters of that has gone overseas. Well, let's see how that all plays out...

Back
Top Bottom