Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tox 08

The guy that posted the comment, MrDylan41, is Irish. So definition #2 is probably what was intended.
2. feen
From Cork city in Ireland - slang term for a male
"See dat feen over dere like - he's a right langer"
Translation: "Look at that male over there. He is not a nice person."

For the record, I saw at the weekend that he's been to Bristol this year.

Also for the record, age is not a factor, anyone who thinks it is, is a twat.

age is not a factor, anyone who thinks it is, is a twat.

Tagging's juveline, pointless and self-centred. You could just about understand somebody doing it when they're 15 and consumed with disaffection, but to still be doing it at 25?

He needs to get over himself and stop being a twat. It's not big or clever.

Obviously not everyone agrees with you. There's a lot of interesting, balanced and sensible views been posted on this thread. Yours isn't one of them.

I think someone mentioned seeing 'Tox11 still free' on another thread.

I only bumped the thread to link to tgat book cos I couldn't remember the name of it at the time.

what happened to Tox? Did he get out this year? haven't been in London much so didn't see any Tox.13 graff.

from wiki:
He was convicted of criminal damage in June 2011[2] and imprisoned after a history of ignoring ASBOs. A sentence of 27 months was passed, the judge commenting "There is nothing artistic about what you do".[3]

Daniel Halpin was arrested in 2013 for fare evasion at London's Kings Cross St Pancras station after travelling from Paris's le Gard De Nord station without a valid ticket. He was sentenced at Westminster magistrates court on the 7th October 2013 and to 100 hours community service. Halpin was quoted outside court as saying " i don't care! ill do it again! I'm an offender and i will offend!."

oh, Tox.:(

He's not getting much love:
After his trial Ben Eine, another graffiti artist, criticised his work, saying: "His statement is Tox, Tox, Tox, Tox, over and over again." he said that the tags are "incredibly basic" and lacking "skill, flair or unique style".
article-2007860-0CB80CDB00000578-323_306x423.jpg

He's not getting much love:

Eine can't criticise anyone. He used to be as prolific a tagger as Tox, a generation before, so he has no point to make there about mindless tagging - then Eine changed up his whole style to become populist and merely decorative. He has nothing to say and is politically impotent.

When approached by the tactless Conservative Party on the look out for a gift for Obama with an 'urban' / 'hip' edge (fuck yeah, let's buy Obama a Graffiti artwork! :facepalm:), instead of telling them to get fucked, which he categorically should have done if he respected his own craft, he couldn't do enough to help them, and sure enough one of his pieces now resides in the back of Obama's wardrobe in the Whitehouse.

So frankly he can fuck off.

Big Up Tox.

Wasn't Eine saying all that as a witness for the defence at Tox's trial? In saying Tox's tags are basic etc he was trying to get the jury to believe that anyone could've done them therefore not necessarily Tox?

Back
Top Bottom