Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tox 08

Presumably it would be limited to anyone he could lure onto the tracks, those tube trains don't travel well on owt else.

Whilst you simultaneously wank yourself off ?

Maybe him and that tube driver can get it together over an aerosol can.

Jesus, i hate tagging and all that shit but to suggest he gets flogged or killed is ...well, just the work of ------ (fill in as desired) on keyboards.

Never saw a single TOX07, but on a bridge by Waterloo station there's a couple of TOX08s.

Tagging's wanks tho.

There's a few around Bristol. Can't remember if they're 07 or 08. I've definitely seen an 09 though.

Never saw a single TOX07, but on a bridge by Waterloo station there's a couple of TOX08s.

Tagging's wanks tho.

Pleny of acid etched TOX07's on the Piccadilly line.

Tagging is the art of the talentless appreciated only by the braindead.

18 weeks locked up at taxpayer's expense and 200 hours CS has not stopped this fuckwit (and believe me the original is still at it) - so flog the bastard.

He's effectively putting taxpayer's money into the hand of the owners of the dodgy PPP companies who get the contracts to clean up after him.

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Pleny of acid etched TOX07's on the Piccadilly line.

Tagging is the art of the talentless appreciated only by the braindead.

18 weeks locked up at taxpayer's expense and 200 hours CS has not stopped this fuckwit (and believe me the original is still at it) - so flog the bastard.

He's effectively putting taxpayer's money into the hand of the owners of the dodgy PPP companies who get the contracts to clean up after him.

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

I have to say I don't get the fury him and his like generate in people. I'm not a fan of tagging - but then I'm a middle-aged man why would I be? - but compared to the millions of square yardage of brain-polluting advertising stimulating discontent and avarice for more meaningless and ultimately unsatisfying consumption that is splattered up and down every road in London - tagging is just about the least of our worries I think.

Did you know that a massive percentage of advertising hoardings in London have been erected illegally? (I can't give you a percentage because no one knows it). They are stuck up, usually with the connivance of the land-owner (but sometimes just as a total blag on empty properties) and then retrospective planning permission is applied for later when they haven't been challenged.

If a new hoarding goes up near you I strongly urge you to to complain formally - it makes the retrospective permission harder to gain. Local councils which are supposed to regulate this appear to have given up (or at least Lambeth have given up). They barely know what hoardings are up, let alone what's got permission.

Tagging seems an infantile ego display to me, but that's the spirit of the consumerist age isn't it? Symptom not cause as far as I can see.

Priceless!

Snailmontage.jpg

http://londonist.com/2008/06/random_graffiti_34.php

He had a Tox.03 anti war 'fuck bush, stop the war' thing at Wembley Park (or maybe Finchly Road?) a few years back.

I saw TOX.07 near Gatwick Airport yesterday.

I can only imagine that TOX is being painted by more than one person now.

i might suggest this might have always been the case...

I think people took the name and ran with it myself.

I really don't think this is the case. That is just not what is done. I have spoken to many writers/graffers and though a large number of them have no respect for his work aesthetically (understandably - they are just tags or bubble letters), most of them have to give him credit for his prolificacy. Daniel Halpin is a truly ingenius trespasser who has spent an unnatural amount of time spraying TOX on walls. On my extensive explorations of London I have seen his tag countless times often in places that look remarkably difficult to get to and/or remarkably difficult to imagine getting away without handcuffs on. I am not defending him but I am certainly impressed... The mess he leaves behind doesn't trouble me. On the contrary, I rejoice. I don't know exactly why but I think he deserves some admiration. There is a documentary on youtube about him (can't link it, youtube is blocked at work - its not too hard to find) and I seem to remember his parents are drug addicts or something. Give him some slack. A lot of other kids in his situation haven't done anything. He's become a master of an art (trespassing). It's something isnt it?

I'm not entirely serious but I do respect him somewhat.

I have to say I don't get the fury him and his like generate in people. I'm not a fan of tagging - but then I'm a middle-aged man why would I be? - but compared to the millions of square yardage of brain-polluting advertising stimulating discontent and avarice for more meaningless and ultimately unsatisfying consumption that is splattered up and down every road in London - tagging is just about the least of our worries I think.

Did you know that a massive percentage of advertising hoardings in London have been erected illegally? (I can't give you a percentage because no one knows it). They are stuck up, usually with the connivance of the land-owner (but sometimes just as a total blag on empty properties) and then retrospective planning permission is applied for later when they haven't been challenged.

If a new hoarding goes up near you I strongly urge you to to complain formally - it makes the retrospective permission harder to gain. Local councils which are supposed to regulate this appear to have given up (or at least Lambeth have given up). They barely know what hoardings are up, let alone what's got permission.

Tagging seems an infantile ego display to me, but that's the spirit of the consumerist age isn't it? Symptom not cause as far as I can see.

A very very very refreshing voice there. Wonderful point. I will steal it and reuse it many a time in drunken arguments about graffiti I often find myself having. Thank you. (banksy makes a similar point in one of his books but you've articulated it far better and nodded to some statistics (even if they weren't there) - appeals to hard facts (even invisible ones) always win me over). Cheers.

^ what you say

I like the series of Tox's (whats the plural?) outside whitechapel on east london line - 03/04/05 iir.

are banksy and is it eine's block letters not vandalism because they're more aesthetic in theory?

I have secretly looked out for the Tox tag - never saw any 07's
that all on this thread have seen and thought about the tagger says something....?

I haven't seen any tox09s. I was just thinking that the other day.

That said I mostly used to be aware of him when I used to get the bus to work.

I used to get the bus to work. Now I only get it to Brixton.

You never see me on the bus because I sink down in my seat with only my eyes above the window ledge and watch you. If you keep an eye out you might just see my fingers stroking the window when you pass.

I see.

Back to TOX. I went to some Graff/Tagging awards thing once, years ago. He was nominated to win something on the basis that he got everywhere, can't remember if he won. His style was described as 'naive'.

I see.

Back to TOX. I went to some Graff/Tagging awards thing once, years ago. He was nominated to win something on the basis that he got everywhere, can't remember if he won. His style was described as 'naive'.

Poor Tox

He is prob well mental

How does one get an invite to Graff/tagging awards ceremonies? I've never seen them talked about in the society pages.

Back
Top Bottom