Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tommy Robinson, the court case and (guffaw) 'free speech'

Cloo

Approved by toads
Yes, massive facepalm. Getting into argument of sorts with fash on Twitter who think that Robinson is a 'renegade freedom fighter' for turning up and filming outside court where Asian men are being tried in a grooming case.

My understanding is that he is arrested for Breach of peace because he has form for potential or actual contempt of court if allowed to continue his bullshit.

The fash and fash apologists (mostly from US) see this as 'the government' 'covering up' the case, whereas presumably it's not really anything to do with the government, and it's not about 'protecting' the men accused but preventing the case getting thrown out on a technicality because the prosecution has been compromised by Robinson's bullshit. Ie, Robinson could get guilty people let off if allowed to film and post up incendiary crap about the case. Am I understanding it correctly?

In fact I think he was given a suspended sentence for contempt of court, hence by attempting to do it again gets automatically arrested, so again, nothing to do with specifics of this case.

Yes, massive facepalm. Getting into argument of sorts with fash on Twitter who think that Robinson is a 'renegade freedom fighter' for turning up and filming outside court where Asian men are being tried in a grooming case.

My understanding is that he is arrested for Breach of peace because he has form for potential or actual contempt of court if allowed to continue his bullshit.

The fash and fash apologists (mostly from US) see this as 'the government' 'covering up' the case, whereas presumably it's not really anything to do with the government, and it's not about 'protecting' the men accused but preventing the case getting thrown out on a technicality because the prosecution has been compromised by Robinson's bullshit. Ie, Robinson could get guilty people let off if allowed to film and post up incendiary crap about the case. Am I understanding it correctly?

IIRC his previous sentence (for doing something very like this) was suspended, so there may be conditions that he could have breached resulting in him being banged up (indeed if he was just arrested for breach of the peace he'd have been released when the breach was over or when he went before a magistrate (whichever came soonest), so that he's been kept in would suggest they've either activated his original sentence or done him for something else).

Someone seems to have engaged Alex Jones on the case when he was busy enjoying a quiet night at the cinema. So off he goes, interviewing actual stormtroopers.

It's every bit as amazing as it sounds.

As for Robinson, he hasn't got a leg to stand on. In his original trial for contempt (I think) he was pretty much told in words of one syllable - turn up at court with a camera again, expect to get carted off. He did, so he was.

Even sun journolists know the rules :facepalm:
Tbf he's in the top 10% of fash finding some actual asian nonces rather than brit first who avoided the whole contempt of court by hassaling random asians in kent :rolleyes::facepalm:.

You cant be done for contempt of court as none of the people you harrassed had anything to do with the court case so we are just doing you for being racist gits instead:D

I posted some comments on the EDL thread but here's a summary :
1) he could have asked a court officer if it was ok to film with the court cases still going on
2) he could have taken advice from his solicitor
3) his actions could have had an effect on the proceedings hence lengthening or aborting the victims wait for justice
4) having said that: the doors of his arrest and sentence is in sharp contrast to the deplorable wait the victims have had in this case
5) the subject matter he raises need to be confronted rather than ignored or dismissed on the grounds he's a racist
6) how is it that that he has made the issue of systematic rape of working class girls a virtual monopoly of his rather than the left ?

Last edited:
4) having said that: the doors of his arrest and sentence is in sharp contrast to the deplorable wait the victims have had in this case
5) the subject matter he raises need to be confronted rather than ignored or dismissed on the grounds he's a racist

Two points: he's been arrested, not sentenced. The suspects of this case are on trial, that's as confrontational as you get in the justice system.

Two points: he's been arrested, not sentenced. The suspects of this case are on trial, that's as confrontational as you get in the justice system.
Two points , if hes not been sentenced then why is he in jail? Yes agreed , I have made the same point on the other thread.

Is he in jail, rather than police custody?

In any case, if he's been dealt with and sentenced already, that's not really an outrage compared to the pace of the grooming trial. Obviously, that's going to be a complicated case that has to take time to prepare. A breach of the peace, on the other hand, has to be dealt with quickly, otherwise you would end up with people on remand for months on end for blowing a raspberry at a copper.

Last edited:
He gets millions of views on youtube. If his followers are fascists, then they comprise a good chunk of England.

ETA: the free speech shtick comes from support by libertarian interests who are making their in-roads into Britnat fascism if the support provided for the recent march in London is anything to go by. It's an interesting political tie-up but not surprising.

Last edited:
Both the Standard (linked above) and the Indie claim that 70,000 people have signed a petition calling for him to be released. I can only find this one, with 405 signatures. Where are the rest?

2) he could have taken advice from his solicitor
What's to say he didn't? Might not have been the best advice though. Don't discount the possibility of a cunning plan.
I think TR wanted to get nicked. He hasn't got much going on for him at all. Jayda and Paul are using their criminality to martyr themselves, here comes Tommy.
I think you're right although he might not have expected to be banged up for over six months. His social and other media reach seems greater than J&P.
He gets millions of views on youtube. If his followers are fascists, then they comprise a good chunk of England.

ETA: the free speech shtick comes from support by libertarian interests who are making their in-roads into Britnat fascism if the support provided for the recent march in London is anything to go by. It's an interesting political tie-up but not surprising.
As you say, many of his followers will be from the USA fed by the likes of Alex Jones. Although a lot of what he says does line up with the Sun/Express/Mail readership's views and he's made enough noise lately to reach deep into that demographic.

The "Free Speech"/DFLA march in London the other weekend was noteworthy for how well funded, slick and professional [by UK standards} it was. I suspect this whole performance was timed to boost Saturday's demo in Manchester.

My auntie just shared three things defending Tommy Robinson on Facebook. I am so on the verge of unfriending her, but she is family. *sigh*

She isn't a fascist, but she is stupid and xenophobic.

I unfollowed her instead.

You could just leave something like this lying around...

33675594_2025181041082703_4732666850494644224_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom