Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tokyo Olympics 2021 Schedule

If anyone finds a helpful app for planning Olympic viewing, and/or something that gives a helpful "beginner's guide" to each of the sports, please do share! :)

No idea what the hell I'm gonna do, otherwise :confused: :eek:

Yeah, Excel spreadsheets tend to be my go-to, but first I think I'll have to make some decisions about priorities and absolutely no idea how I'm going to manage that!

So how is the time difference going to work? No doubt the broadcasters will be showing live sport all night, but do they then repeat it during the day...?

Perhaps the daytime coverage will inevitably be more highlights than full events...?

It's a paddle-showing extravaganza. An event far more arduous, lengthy and difficult than the marathon and yet you can get disqualified at any moment for getting your foot/arse rhythm slightly wrong.
not that I know anything about it, but I always thought the walkers were for athletics what a viola player is for an orchestra.

So how is the time difference going to work? No doubt the broadcasters will be showing live sport all night, but do they then repeat it during the day...?

Perhaps the daytime coverage will inevitably be more highlights than full events...?
There's always a 'today in the Olympics' round-up type show, but maybe there'll be extended highlights somewhere? That said, events do go on until around 3-4pm our time, so there'll still be quite a lot of daytime content (though obviously during work hours, for anyone not dorky enough like me too book A/L for the whole thing :oops: ).

May also be liberal use of online platforms, so people can maybe re-run the recorded footage of their favourite sports at a time convenient to them?

I am definitely most likely going to print some stuff out next time I'm in the office, but first I have to work out what that stuff is.

I have, of course, started an Excel workbook :oops: :D :thumbs:

Naively, I'd been thinking "ah, I'm used to watching Japanese pro-wrestling and those shows quite conveniently start around 6-9am, so just an early start to the day". I had, of course, forgotten that those events take place in the Japanese evening.

Now I've seen the Olympics schedule in BST time, starting at midnight and going through to 4pm is going to seriously fuck with my sleep pattern. I may end up with jet lag sitting on my sofa! :facepalm: :D

8 hours ahead. So it's basically like when the games were in Sydney. Or when I had to get up REALLY early to watch football when I lived in California.

I'll just stick telly on whenever I'm awake basically. I'm mostly interested in Badminton and Athletics. The rest is sideshow for me.

I have, rather predictably, started work on a Google sheet. Honestly not sure how worth it it'll end up being though, given I'm sure people who are actually employed to do this sort of thing by the Olympics or broadcasters will probably come up with something that has far more features and yet is also easier to use :oops: :facepalm: :D

Mainly the gymnastics and skateboarding for me, although one of the pleasures of the Olympics is getting drawn into stuff you wouldn't normally GAF about.

I'm off all summer, so staying up is theoretically possible. However, I'm also 45 so staying up is unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom