Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tiktok sleeper indie hits

sounds weird but as it's DJ Yoda it may well be more interesting and creative than it might sound.
also The Cuban Brothers remain one of the best live acts I've seen.

Here's a weird one, did anyone else know that apparently MGMT (you know, MGMT from the 2000s, of Time to Pretend and Kids fame) are a massive hit with nazis on tiktok?
In 2021, the Institute for Strategic Dialogue published a report on extremist activity on TikTok. It made for thoroughly depressing reading, spiked with moments of incredulity. Chief among the latter was the apparent popularity of the title track of MGMT’s fourth album, 2018’s Little Dark Age, with neo-Nazis: it was “by far the most popular sound among extremist creators on TikTok”, soundtracking videos about the late American white supremacist George Lincoln Rockwell and “esoteric nazism”. The report’s authors seemed baffled as to why.

sounds weird but as it's DJ Yoda it may well be more interesting and creative than it might sound.
also The Cuban Brothers remain one of the best live acts I've seen.
Whoa, that's weird. I assume he is famous now? I used to know him about 20 years ago hanging out with the guys who went on to put on those hip hop karaoke things.

Back
Top Bottom