Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ticket to Rye - recommendations

Beautiful little town; I'm guessing, very sadly, there are no trains running today, which would have taken you to Bodiam castle. The thee chimneys at nearby biddendem used to be a great pub. There are some brilliant white wines now produced in that neck of the woods. The reds are very thin and best avoided.
We enjoyed our visit. I’m in the car now while Mrs LR explores Rye Harbour. I’ve used all my beans now.

I'm following this thread with interest as we're going to Jurys Gap for a few days in November.
Lots of great suggestions :cool:
If you like fish and crab and lobster, go to the Dungeness Snack Shack and fish hut. But check opening. I’m not sure what their season is. But they’re closed “out of season”.

If you’re looking at Derek Jarman’s garden, remember the current owner might be at home. Just look from the road.

I went to NY in April and had to buy a coat as it snowed! Was really warm a few days before.
About 25 years or so ago I got taken on a surprise trip to NYC. In one of the major department stores I spotted an expensive coat I really fancied. I had it bought for me and it's still be worn with great regularity.

Back
Top Bottom