Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The " What music genre is this? " thread.

Techno is what I'm thinking...

But my dance music categories knowledge is restricted to Drum & Bass, Techno, Acid Techno, breakbeats, jungle, trance etc level. i.e. 90s/2000s

Maybe Acid techno? :D nah... Not bouncy enough.

On their Souncloud page there were no tags re: genre - so maybe they don't want labels or something? ;)

Oh, interesting, I didn't know exactly what UK bass meant out of touch but that makes sense because I thought oooh, it sounds a bit D&B, it sounds a bit techno, a bit acid...

The term "UK bass" came into use as artists began ambiguously blending the sounds of these defined genres while maintaining an emphasis on percussive, bass-led rhythm.[2]

Breaks, speed up
Yeah a few things in there, uk bass/techno/breaks
They've played in smallish place outside centre of Cardiff a couple of times

nogojones will know!
Will I now?

I lean towards breaks. There seems to be a reassessment of that nu-skool breaks sound from the late 90's. This, bassed up a bit. UK bass-ified if you like.

I actually really want to know what genre the song in the OP is. BristolEcho danski ska invita
if i owned it i would put it in my jungle folder...its 160 bpm which is the classic jungle tempo and its drums are basically a jungle feel....it would (only) mix into other jungle tunes.....but for the non drum and bass sounds within it unusually its got acid techno sounds on it, so a fusion between those two genres, jungle and acid techo.....so (nu skool) jungle techno about sums it up

Last edited:
if i owned it i would put it in my jungle folder...its 160 bpm which is the classic jungle tempo and its drums are basically a jungle feel....it would (only) mix into other jungle tunes.....but for the non drum and bass sounds within it unusually its got acid techno sounds on it, so a fusion between those two genres, jungle and acid techo.....so (nu skool) jungle techno about sums it up
Thanks x

It's a cool track. I had a look at the artists other stuff too as he reminded me of a Pessimist.

To confuse things more I'd lean towards Acid Breaks, but very fast compared to other tracks. It always gets harder with sub genres though.
yeah i had a look at their other output and theres definite Breaks tracks in there...but also a bunch at 160 too...definitely coming from that breaky tradition

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom