Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Virgin Mary

She intervenes when they're being raped by paedo priests.

Oh wait , she didn't. Must have been doing her hair on those occasions.

Pah they were lucky :mad:

I'm not sure what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit entails I admit, perhaps saying that people speaking in tongues aren't moved by the Holy Spirit.

I'm not sure what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit entails
According the the Catholics: despair, presumption, envy, obstinacy in sin, final impenitence, and deliberate resistance to the known truth.

Not to be confused with the four sins crying to heaven for vengeance: wilful murder, sodomy, oppression of the poor, and depriving people of their wages. 'Sodomy' in this context means any gay sex, whether involving women or men.

According the the Catholics: despair, presumption, envy, obstinacy in sin, final impenitence, and deliberate resistance to the known truth.

Not to be confused with the four sins crying to heaven for vengeance: wilful murder, sodomy, oppression of the poor, and depriving people of their wages. 'Sodomy' in this context means any gay sex, whether involving women or men.
And do not the Protestant churches agree with this?

Why would you think they would?
Given that Protestant churches are splinters from the Roman Catholic Church, or splinters frrm those splinters (or splinters from those splinters from those splinters), it seems to me reasonable to suspect that they would adhere to many of the same ideas as the organisation from which they splintered.

You obviously do not know the answer my question, because if you did you would have answered it, rather than asking a question.

Given that Protestant churches are splinters from the Roman Catholic Church, or splinters frrm those splinters (or splinters from those splinters from those splinters), it seems to me reasonable to suspect that they would adhere to many of the same ideas as the organisation from which they splintered.

You obviously do not know the answer my question, because if you did you would have answered it, rather than asking a question.
Your logic is faulty.

As far as I know, no Protestant church has taken that particular slant on sinning over; it's the sort of thing that's an embarrassment for them.

More briefly; deliberate, willful, knowing rejection of God?
That is an interesting definition. Can it logically apply to anyone?

An unbeliever cannot knowingly reject something that they believe does not exist and if a believer rejects this God then they also become an unbeliever.

No idea. But I doubt very much that they retained those peculiarly Roman Catholic beliefs.

Last edited:
Your logic is faulty.

As far as I know, no Protestant church has taken that particular slant on sinning over; it's the sort of thing that's an embarrassment for them.
What particular slant do you mean?

As far as I know, all the major Protestant churches defined sexual relations outside marriage (which includes homosexual relations) and masturbation as sinful. They ostracised women who gave birth outside wedlock. They regarded suicide as a sin.

Some banned dancing, and playing football on a Sunday, whereas the Roman Catholic Church in many countries allowed these pursuits.

Some have changed their positions, but some have not. If we are defining Anglicans as Protestants, then the Anglican Church in a number of countries is very anti-gay.

There is an old joke about Scottish Protestant churches banning fornication because it may lead to dancing.

That is an interesting definition. Can it logically apply to anyone?

An unbeliever cannot knowingly reject something that they believe does not exist and if a believer rejects this God then they also become an unbeliever.
I guess you could get into hypothetical 'case study' examples.

A hardened sinner in rebellion until his dying breath? How would this 'sin' overlap with many adherents to atheism if at all? Are once or potential believers vulnerable?

Could someone who genuinely accepts the framework of God and Satan in opposition and heaven and hell as potential afterlives revel in a rebellion, rejection or hatred for God? Some heavy metallers give out that they do, but really the majority are into what? a bit of camp/theatre to go with the musical expression?

Jesus taught believers (I think) to 'keep your lamps trimmed', to watch 'for you know not the hour of my coming'.

I was referring to things like the six sins against the Holy Spirit, and the four sins crying to heaven for judgement.
Three of those four sins crying to Heaven for judgement are things that I would hope we are all agreed are bad, and it is a good thing that the Roman Catholic Church sees them as bad too. (The exception being sodomy).

Back
Top Bottom