Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Tallest Tower (The Shard) - Channel 4, Wednesday @ 9.00pm

Yes, want to watch this a lot. Saw the trailer and had a fleeting 'Ugh, a property gazillionaire" but you've got to be a certain kind of person to get something like that up and it's going to be interesting seeing what type of human he is.

Yes, want to watch this a lot. Saw the trailer and had a fleeting 'Ugh, a property gazillionaire" but you've got to be a certain kind of person to get something like that up and it's going to be interesting seeing what type of human he is.

I'm looking forward to it. You don't see many of those tallest/extreme/mega/etc. programmes that feature a British building :cool:

Last night I was going to Sutton from Victoria and as we chuff chuff chuffed off I got quite panicky that I couldn't see the Shard ('cos I like to look out for things on the skyline :oops:) ..... but then I saw it and it was okay!

Last night I was going to Sutton from Victoria and as we chuff chuff chuffed off I got quite panicky that I couldn't see the Shard ('cos I like to look out form things on the skyline :oops:) ..... but then I saw it and it was okay!

What a relief :D

I saw it from a different angle yesterday (on way to Elephant), and it looked like The Shard and Gherkin were the same height

I saw it yesterday on the Thameslink line from Blackfriars (sorry, London Blackfriars) to Brighton and was looking at that crane getting further away from the pinnacle the higher it goes. I had a dream about it last night, I was in the crane and we were falling backwards away from the building. Either that or half-watched a trailer for the programme as I fell asleep. These nicotine patches give crazy dreams.

I've set it to record, thanks Minnie. I like that building.

Looking forward to this. Can you do another bump just before the programme, Minnie?

Fuck, forgot. Just as well I set it to record.

Not saying anything about the NEDL thing, should I ever get well again it's something I plan to do.

I never realised the top was supposed to look untidy and jaggedy like that.
I always though the top bits were going to meet in a point.

Enjoyed that. Loads of interesting facts and figures, which I've since forgotten. I didn't know about the base jumper.

That seemed like such a short programme that barely scraped the surface of what goes into building a tall building. :(
Yeah, I thought that too. Seemed really rushed and didn't go into enough detail about anything. Just lots of "what they're doing here is amazing and also very tense, but no time to tell you why, just trust us that it is *dramatic music*".

If it had been a series they'd have had more time to explain and we would feel it for ourselves, rather than them just telling us what we should be feeling.

Disappointing, though some of the footage was still very good.

Yeah, I thought that too. Seemed really rushed and didn't go into enough detail about anything. Just lots of "what they're doing here is amazing and also very tense, but no time to tell you why, just trust us that it is *dramatic music*".

If it had been a series they'd have had more time to explain and we would feel it for ourselves, rather than them just telling us what we should be feeling.

Disappointing, though some of the footage was still very good.

Yeah, it's fine to do an hour's show along the lines of all the Extreme/Mega shows, but they're all abroad, so there would have been much more interest in something on your doorstop so it should have been done in a 4-parter :(

Maybe it will make a reappearance on one of the above shows (or are they no longer being made)?

Back
Top Bottom