Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Outdoorsy "Sofa".

On the Goretex site, it recommends using convection-style air driers to dry wet boots. Anyone got them? What are they like? There are leccy ones, and those Drysure ones that use some kind of absorbent material. Think I'm gonna get some for my next pair of boots.

I usually just stuff with newspaper, but I'm suspecting that the length of time it takes to dry the boots contributed to the premature splitting of my Salomons.

On the Goretex site, it recommends using convection-style air driers to dry wet boots. Anyone got them? What are they like? There are leccy ones, and those Drysure ones that use some kind of absorbent material. Think I'm gonna get some for my next pair of boots.

I usually just stuff with newspaper, but I'm suspecting that the length of time it takes to dry the boots contributed to the premature splitting of my Salomons.

Be curious to here how you get on! I normally leave mine under the radiator which I'm aware isn't great. Do use a decent wax?

Be curious to here how you get on! I normally leave mine under the radiator which I'm aware isn't great. Do use a decent wax?
I sometimes put them in a room with the dehumidifier on to speed up the process but it still takes ages. Putting them under rads is meant to shrink them isn't it? It's been too hot for heating anyway most of this year.

I don't use wax on Goretex. I have 2 different types of sprays but tbh, on a long rainy hike, they're just gonna get fucking soaked anyway aren't they?

Contemplating doing the Cumbrian Way in October. Will probably skip the last day from Keswick to Carlisle though. Anyone done it?

I sometimes put them in a room with the dehumidifier on to speed up the process but it still takes ages. Putting them under rads is meant to shrink them isn't it? It's been too hot for heating anyway most of this year.

I don't use wax on Goretex. I have 2 different types of sprays but tbh, on a long rainy hike, they're just gonna get fucking soaked anyway aren't they?

Yeah, not great. Never had them shrink, more worried about damaging the leather, hence wax, but I wouldn't put them on top. I don't really trust membranes anymore, they always fail. I'd rather the leather itself was what kept the water out.

I don't really use boots much in Summer anymore though. I prefer trainers that will drain quickly when they get wet, although I know that's not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom