Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The new and improved "On The CD Player Today" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Heinrich Dressel album Mons Testaceum. It's about a German Archaeologist from the 19th century and a mysterious hill in Rome. Proper analogue synth vibes.

TorchSong said:
Thom Yorke - 'Harrowdown Hill' ('The Eraser')

fuck I need that album - was going to pick it up from choices second hand section when I had the money but they've gone and closed down :mad:

The playlist here - http://www.myspace.com/supportlovepark4
Chumbawamba, Dead Prez, and stuff - found two new (to me) bands , Mischeif Brew & Defiance Ohio (hits soulseek)

Currently - disco Estrella - Spanish commerical club tunes, lots of cheese, some of it's alright. Right now it's a cheasy chart pop trance version of Bizarre Love Triangle:D

interupted to listen to this playlist http://www.projectplaylist.com/standalone/3430906
(punk,rock, 60's/70's/80s - Clash,Ramones,Beatles+)

eta: it's now playing Prince Buster - Al Capone, so this is where Gangsters came from!:cool:

and http://www.myspace.com/lexlucian1

Amon Tobin - Breezeblock mix
GZA - "Liquid Swords"
Bob Dylan - "Blood On The Tracks"
Half Man Half Biscuit - "Trouble Over Bridgewater"
Super Furry Animals - "Love Kraft"

electrelane - no shouts, no calls
the cure - disintegration
the smiths - the best of...

plus laura viers - the trials and triumphs of orphan mae (?)

amit - "never ending"
"the roots of rock'n'roll" compiled by kitty, daisy & lewis
fanu - "daylightless"
"sci-fi lo-fi voulme 1" compiled by andy weatherall

Palais Schaumburg - s/t
The Meters - Look ka py py
Rub n Tug - Better with a spoonful of leather
Thomas Dolby - The Golden age of wireless

After a thread on the best live album ever an old Iron Maiden album was dusted down and thrust into the CD player.

Live After Death, Iron Maiden :D

Songlines - Top Of The Word cd 38 including Alfie & Robert Wyatt's playlist
the dentists - behind the door i keep the universe
Kalima - flyaway

*adopts Fast Show voice* - aren't charity shops brilliant!

i feel so fucking sad these days i can't find music that holds my attention. i'm listening to fairy tales on record in german. i don't speak german, but it's comforting. i feel sam cooke in the distant future.

henrytheoctopus said:
i feel so fucking sad these days i can't find music that holds my attention. i'm listening to fairy tales on record in german. i don't speak german, but it's comforting. i feel sam cooke in the distant future.
Do you want to keep feeling sad and wallow in it (which is useful sometimes) or do you want to forget about it and have lots of fun?

i can't decide? i'm changing my mind every five minutes. maybe both, although forgetting has proven impossible, even with the help of drugs and alcohol or maybe impossible because of.... it's the same sober really. i could go for some good fun music, but not to peppy cause really energetic things make me want to kick babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom