Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The mysterious case of the disappearing traffic wardens

They seem to of vanished from up Brixton Hill Streets. Normally they would appear first thing in the morning when the ZPZ comes into force then reappear at the end of the day when it finishes.

They became very thin on the ground here in Tulse Hill. Then a week or so, a guy came up on a bicycle and spent the morning patrolling. I guess it's more cost cutting from the Lambeth dictatorship.

I'd imagine it's all moving over to being done with anpr cameras from vehicles now, rather than foot patrols. Much less visible.

They've all teleported to patrol the harbourside in Whitehaven ! Last week the PAs were going round in groups ... and I saw several different groups of individuals on the one day.

On my street they used to come at 8.31 am on the dot trying to catch up anyone running slightly late who hadn't moved their car yet. Nowaways however the first one doesn't show up until about 9.10 am, which gives peep the chance of a few extra minutes in bed, or a leasury breakfast.

I got to know most of the parking attendants on Blenheim Gardens and noticed they had disappeared. Bumped into one of them a few weeks ago and she said the contractor had changed and they have no attendants on foot - so watch out for mopeds and bikes.

Back
Top Bottom