Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Last Dinner Party

editor

hiraethified
I was very wary of this band due to the high pressure clouds of hype that have been filling the skies for months, but I went on a long walk today and thought I'd give them a spin on Spotify and found myself unexpectedly converted.

The album sounds like it comes out of the mid 70s, like a mix of Kate Bush, Deaf School, am-dram Bowie and even Stackridge, but it ends up being quite a refreshing affair. The album's out tomorrow.

Listened to the album today and like it. You can definitely hear some influences.

It's a very good album, they are very good songwriters and musicians, it's very well produced. I can't imagine having any kind of emotional connection with it though - listening more in appreciation than joy and pleasure.

It's the Financial Times that dug out that nugget about Bedales and then today the Times weigh in with same. The Telegraph probably thinks Bedales is cheap.

Is postpunk now used to describe any band that sounds like Sleaford Mods little brothers?

Will only cake be served at this last dinner party?

Know someone who was connected with this outfit. Not a nice bunch of people.

I assume all musicians to be cunts. Especially those that make it. It's seems to be a requirement for success, but even those on the fringes can display bucket loads of cuntishness. I believe this is what an artist's self-belief turns in to when you add a crowd that claps and cheers for them.

Last edited:
I assume all musicians to be cunts. Especially those that make it. It's seems to be a requirement for success, but even those on the fringes can display bucket loads cuntishness. I believe this is happens what an artist's self-belief turns in to when you add a crowd that claps and cheers for them.
Possibly. I think there are also some dynamics around this being a bit of a created band, with marketing very much to the fore.

Back
Top Bottom