Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The JFK Files

^
hmmm... why was that one kept secret for fifty years?

A number of possibilities, including the usual stuff where informants are involved.

I note that Bob Vanderslice was not an FBI informant, he was an informant for the IRS. The IRS then informed the FBI, who tried to setup a meeting with him. But the released file that was linked to indicates that he didn't turn up for the FBI meeting, and I don't know if there are any other files that indicate whether such a meeting ever happened or what happened to Bob.

It's intriguing but I would have been more impressed if it had happened long before 1977 or if we had detail of Bob being quizzed directly by the FBI.

A number of possibilities, including the usual stuff where informants are involved.

I note that Bob Vanderslice was not an FBI informant, he was an informant for the IRS. The IRS then informed the FBI, who tried to setup a meeting with him. But the released file that was linked to indicates that he didn't turn up for the FBI meeting, and I don't know if there are any other files that indicate whether such a meeting ever happened or what happened to Bob.

It's intriguing but I would have been more impressed if it had happened long before 1977 or if we had detail of Bob being quizzed directly by the FBI.
Well not much surprise that Vanderslice got cold feet. He might never have got to testify before the Washington committee.

Thats one possibility. Another is that he didn't want the publicity of testifying. Another is that he was lying.

I was surprised to see this thread pop up on my Twitter timeline.
A new one on me - but I see from Googling around that the idea of the JFK assassination being a Zionist revenge over nuclear restrictions and Kennedy's alleged forcing of Prime Minster Ben Gurion to resign in 1963 has become common recently. This Jerusalem Post article alludes to those events When Ben-Gurion said no to JFK
Oliver Stone gets short shrift in the Twitter thread - and it seems switching the blame to MOSSAD is attractive as a conspiracy theory - the circumstantial evidence does click into place.
But would Israel and MOSSAD really dare to assassinate the President of their best friend?
I wonder what David Aaronovich makes of this (he wrote a book Voodoo Histories about conspiracy theories, but that was 15 years ago).

I was surprised to see this thread pop up on my Twitter timeline.
A new one on me - but I see from Googling around that the idea of the JFK assassination being a Zionist revenge over nuclear restrictions and Kennedy's alleged forcing of Prime Minster Ben Gurion to resign in 1963 has become common recently. This Jerusalem Post article alludes to those events When Ben-Gurion said no to JFK
Oliver Stone gets short shrift in the Twitter thread - and it seems switching the blame to MOSSAD is attractive as a conspiracy theory - the circumstantial evidence does click into place.
But would Israel and MOSSAD really dare to assassinate the President of their best friend?
I wonder what David Aaronovich makes of this (he wrote a book Voodoo Histories about conspiracy theories, but that was 15 years ago).

They weren’t best friends in ‘63. France and Czechoslovakia were far more prominent. They opposed Israeli intervention in Egypt at the time of suez. They had military sanctions in place until Kennedy softened them. They only became bessie mates after the six day war.

Reactions: CH1
Back
Top Bottom