Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The JFK Files

They do this all the time now. They’ve got three journalists, 27 editors and no sub-editors.

Your post belongs in “why the Guardian is going down the pan” btw.

I don't look at that thread, it would depress me. A once great paper, going down the pan, selling under 150,000 copies a day now, it's on it's last legs, it's only kept going because the Scott Trust is burning the money from the sale of their local radio & newspaper interests, inc. the Manchester Evening News, some years ago. :(

Today, at some point, US time zone considerations, it's still just after lunch in Washington.

The Guardian, being under resourced, is looking for help...
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that kind of thing. There are going to be a vast amount of documents released, most of which will say nothing, but the occasional one will have something important in, hidden away. They’ll change very little so it doesn’t make much sense for them to devote shitloads of resources to them. but if they can get 1000 people to read just half a dozen each, then that should be every paper read, and a few interesting new facts and connections uncovered.

I beg to differ. It’s journalism on the cheap from media that can’t even fucking sub-edit it’s own front page headlines online. How on earth did we manage in the past?

Visiting the page where the release is supposed to happen, I note that a bunch of other previously unreleased documents were released back in July. I don't recall much fuss being made over that release, presumably because Trump did not draw attention to it with one of his dodgy tweets.

Unlike probably everyone else thats actually interested in this release, I am happy that a lot of it is likely to be rather irrelevant to the actual assassination and subsequent conspiracy theories. Because with government releases I'm often interested in the language used and a million little details that have nothing to do with smoking guns but rather enable a nuanced picture of how various agencies thought, acted and documented all manner of stuff back in the day.

I reckon Trump will try and sneak an executive order or two out tonight, thinking he's being incredibly clever by coming up with such a great distraction for the nation's journalists.

I'm more curious about what hasn't been published than what has. Not in regard to any conspiracy theory, but just what kind of thing can still pose a threat to national security more than 50 years later. ATS locations that are still in use maybe, but that can't account for all the unpublished material and redactions - what else?

I'm more curious about what hasn't been published than what has. Not in regard to any conspiracy theory, but just what kind of thing can still pose a threat to national security more than 50 years later. ATS locations that are still in use maybe, but that can't account for all the unpublished material and redactions - what else?

The suggestion is that the FBI seriously cocked-up, because they knew there was a threat, and failed to prevent it, so at a guess they could be trying to cover their arses.

Any double agents or informants may either still be alive or have family vulnerable to reprisals perhaps?

There could have been discussions about whether to leverage the assassination against Cuba or Russia, as a pretext for military action at the time?

There are other 'valid' reasons, unfortunately anything not released gives succour to the loons.

In the documentary I linked to the death of Officer Tippit and the cadaver switch / autopsy is covered from 32:00 to 44:00

It is pretty extraordinary stuff and that is me saying that

um, this is actually a thread about the JFK assassination?

I think you need a good chakra rebalancing and some herbal tea. I am guessing that you may be drinking too much alcohol.

Actually its supposed to be about the freshly released files, but since there is apparently nothing in there to suit your exotic tastes, you took it down several pegs with a crap video.

Back
Top Bottom