Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The government in the North of Ireland is about to be restored.

Dom Traynor

Tino Pai

What will the long-term effect of having a Republican first minister be? Will they focus on "competent" governance in order to show voters in the 26 Counties SF can be trusted in government? Or will they focus on pushing a referendum on unity ? Or can they achieve both?
Also can Alliance and the other cross community parties continue to chip away at the old dichotomy?

The thing about sf in the 26 cos isn't that the electorate didn't vote for them last time round but ff and fg suddenly found unity against sf hence the peculiar coalition govt.

Yes I'm aware of the under nomination issue and that current polling shows that a FFFGG+indos govt could keep them out but that might not mean they won't feel pressure to be effective at managing Norn capital to show they can manage capital. There is no absolute guarantee that their poling numbers in the 26 won't fall back or they might be able to break FFFGG or think they can?

I feel sorry for Northern Ireland.

They’ve had a long break from a bunch of twats poking their noses in their business and fucking things up for them. They’d been allowed to go about their business without interference. Probably gotten quite used to it.

Now ‘politicians’ are back to steal their money and fuck up their lives.

I feel sorry for Northern Ireland.

They’ve had a long break from a bunch of twats poking their noses in their business and fucking things up for them. They’d been allowed to go about their business without interference. Probably gotten quite used to it.

Now ‘politicians’ are back to steal their money and fuck up their lives.
unfortunately a lot of stuff like the health service public sector pay etc etc needed stormont up and functioning even on the basic level

Back
Top Bottom