Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The funkiest tune ever...

Trampled underfoot - Led Zeppelin. Well, it is almost the riff from superstition anyway.
Shifting Gears - Jonny Hammond
Fools gold - Stone Roses

El Sueno said:
The Pioneers 'Na na hey hey kiss him goodbye". Not the Steam version, The Pioneers one was the funky one with the percussion breakdown in the middle 8. :cool:

I've got the Steam version and I'm pretty sure it has a percussive breakdown in the middle. :confused:

Fozzie Bear said:
I've got the Steam version and I'm pretty sure it has a percussive breakdown in the middle. :confused:

Hmmm... I'll ask Robert Elms which is the version he always plays, maybe I'm getting confused m'sel'. :confused:

dirtysanta said:
:D

"If you dont like, what you see here........" :oops: :oops:

lmao, 'Extreme'... I think any song with a sweep-picked guitar solo should be considered void in this section!

zenie said:
:oops:

You're joking right - doesn't eactly make YOU want to 'get on the floor and dance' does it???

good song but surely not FUNK

'pends what funk means to you. Look it up in dictionary - you probably won't find a definintion. Someone put maggot brain, I don't think that's very funky. Great, but doesn't want to make me dance - your definintion, not mine. :p

Na na hey hey kiss him goodbye

Fozzie Bear said:

Elms just played The Pioneers version on his 94.9 show, that was the one I was thinking of. I think it was the original, recorded in a little studio flat in Kentish Town apparantly. Makes me sing!

El Sueno said:
Elms just played The Pioneers version on his 94.9 show, that was the one I was thinking of. I think it was the original, recorded in a little studio flat in Kentish Town apparantly. Makes me sing!

:cool: will have to check that one out n all then...

I'm going to allow people to make more than three nominations. :cool:

I'd like to nominate

The Popcorn - James Brown instrumental which is DAMN funky. Also 'Mother popcorn'... hot damn!

I wish - Stevie Wonder. Those horns!

a few i think are very funky...

JBs - hot pants (i'm comin)
aretha franklin - rock steady
maceo & the macks - cross the tracks

Sunspots said:
I really can't choose individual tunes, but I think the answer must involve Bootsy, Larry Graham or George Porter Jr. :cool:
<... searching for "Graham Central Station" will now be my motivation for sorting out the chaos that is my CD collection before the week is out :D ... >

"People ask me everywhere
they say, is that really all your hair?
I just tell them if it ain't
well it sho' don't mean that now I cain't
cuz I don't believe it's fair
to judge a man
by the length of his hair....."

zenie said:
:oops:

You're joking right - doesn't eactly make YOU want to 'get on the floor and dance' does it???

good song but surely not FUNK
I think it's funky and danceable - it has wah wah!

DJ Mark The 45 King - "The 900 Number".

OK, it doesn't change whatsoever for the whole song but goddamn, why does it need to when it oozes funk out of every orifice?

Back
Top Bottom