Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The funkiest tune ever...

Jazzz

the truth don't care
Banned
What is the funkiest tune ever recorded?

Nominations please!

Poll to follow. Each poster can nominate three tunes, those with most nominations will go through to the poll.

:cool:

'baile funk medley' by ivo meirelles & funk'n'lata

'sunshowers' by m.i.a.

looking for my #3...

Funky Drummer - James Brown

OR

Just Kissed My Baby - Neville Brothers

Ow Watch Yourself...

editor said:
Superstition: Stevie Wonder.

I was gonna say that but had to sing it in my head before I could be sure that was the title :D

God there's so many I am sat at my desk pipping :eek:

Ok so that and 'play that funky music' by Wild Cherry (never heard of them again) I can't remember who and 'love train' by the jays is it?

1. Superstition- Stevey Wonder
2. Play that Funky music white boy- Wild Cherry
3. Love Train- The O'jays.

I gotta down load this shit tonight :)

Actually making me feel happy love funk.

james brown - papa don't take no mess, pass the peas, or something

funkadelic/parlaiment

the winstons - amen brother

chooch said:
The Meters- cissy strut

yes indeed!
'If You Want Me To Stay' - Sly & The Family Stone
+ lots of George Clinton, probably 'Flashlight' or 'Knee Deep'

I'd probably agree with 'Superstition' too, although it's just about the only Stevie Wonder tune I like.

i dunno, i've just heard superstition too much; seems to be the one that loads of dj's go for instead of varying it a bit
stevie wise, my fav is his version of we can work it out.

The Pioneers 'Na na hey hey kiss him goodbye". Not the Steam version, The Pioneers one was the funky one with the percussion breakdown in the middle 8. :cool:

El Sueno said:
The Pioneers 'Na na hey hey kiss him goodbye". Not the Steam version, The Pioneers one was the funky one with the percussion breakdown in the middle 8. :cool:
No doubt both are a hell of a lot funkier than Bananarama's 'stab' at that one, though. :D

I really can't choose individual tunes, but I think the answer must involve Bootsy, Larry Graham or George Porter Jr. :cool:

The O'Jays - For The Love of Money
Fred Wesley & The JB's - Blow Your Head
Professor Longhair - Big Chief. The Meters' version's pretty damn funky too. In fact, everything by the Meters :cool:
Eddy Bo - The Thang

I want to add more but I've already gone over quota :D

acid priest said:
No doubt both are a hell of a lot funkier than Bananarama's 'stab' at that one, though. :D

Yeh cheers for that, now I have it whirling around my bonce :rolleyes:

I can't choose just one, I can't!

I suppose Tom Browne's Funkin' for Jamaica ranks very high along with anything by Issac hayes and Earth, Wind and Fire and....I cant choose I cant choose!

OOOOh I can! It has to be Chaka Khan!

"I'm every woman, it's all in me" and "Aint nobody"

Gets my arse funking evertime :D

richsaint said:
The O'Jays - For The Love of Money
Fred Wesley & The JB's - Blow Your Head
Professor Longhair - Big Chief. The Meters' version's pretty damn funky too. In fact, everything by the Meters :cool:
Eddy Bo - The Thang
Good choice!

Let's start the Dance by Hamilton Bohannon
Give it up and turn it loose by James Brown

Chairmen of the Board - Men are getting scarce

Funky as fuck; an anti-war song addressed to the ladeeeez, on the grounds that too many men are getting killed & are thus incapable of gettin' it oowwwwwwwwwwwwwn. :D

Back
Top Bottom