Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Big 'Dulwich Hamlet Champions Post 2023/24

A 14-2 defeat would leave us tied with Dartford on points and goals for/against. Therefore any result better than defeat by a 12 goal margin is enough. (Or 15-3, 16-4 etc!) Saltdean have won 8 of their previous 10 home league games, with defeats to Enfield and Fulham, and they beat both those teams away, so we're the only team in the division they haven't beaten at least once. They won 7-0 at home to Sutton on Sunday, which was also played at Newhaven, so I reckon even the narrowest win will be a good result. After 14 straight wins it would be nice to finish with another win on the final day.

The game will be live steamed in the Hamlet clubhouse:

For those travelling, there are no direct trains from London to Newhaven. Fastest and most direct route is from Victoria via Clapham Junction and East Croydon, changing at Lewes. Cheapest fares are from London Bridge via East Croydon (using Thameslink services only) and changing at Brighton for a connection to Newhaven. If you use this route you want to split your tickets, i.e. buy two separate tickets for London/Croydon to Brighton, and Brighton to Newhaven. Always check your preferred route on National Rail Enquiries for any alterations to the normal service.

Brighton are at home to Manchester United and Palace are at home to Villa (both 4pm kick offs) so be aware of any congestion that might result from those games.

Last edited:
The team will head back to Champion Hill on a coach after the game to celebrate where the bar will be open until close.

For those not travelling remember the bar is open showing the game and the team will aim to be back at the Hill for around 7pm. The bar is open from 13:00.

I'd encourage fans to head to the stadium before heading to other pubs in the area to celebrate with the team and the football club as a whole!

Promotion roundabout in full swing, pics don't do it justice

Attachments

• IMG20240519213111.jpg
    IMG20240519213111.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG20240519213117.jpg
    IMG20240519213117.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG20240519214010.jpg
    IMG20240519214010.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG20240519214216.jpg
    IMG20240519214216.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 37
Happy to take any and all undeserved credit going my way as a rule but… don’t think I can claim anything here…? Almost certain whatever song you mean was written by someone else!
Ah, I thought you were the original brain behind the "goals, goals, goals, goals" song, but perhaps I've got that wrong.

I loved the fact that a member of the Saltdean coaching staff (I'm not sure if it was the manager) came over to the Pepper Army to say how brilliant he thought they were. Class.

I loved the fact that a member of the Saltdean coaching staff (I'm not sure if it was the manager) came over to the Pepper Army to say how brilliant he thought they were. Class.
That's lovely. One of the coaches was also saying before the game how much they all hated Dartford, and how happy they were that we were winning the league instead.

Making friends everywhere we go! (Mostly)

dulwich roundabout hamlet promo DSC03643.jpg

Found this when I was looking back through the forum to figure out which was the first DHFC game I went to (non-League day 2014). Does anybody call it Goose Green roundabout anymore?

Back
Top Bottom