Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God Damn Rock & Roll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old music's rubbish

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪
...Randy’s Avoiding His Schoolin’ for me; the run in the middle of Sam Dees – Lonely For You Baby/Joe South – Walk A Mile In My Shoes/Cherry Poppin’ Daddies – Zoot Suit Riot/The Survivors – Rawhide/Deke Dickerson – Mean Son Of A Gun/Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings – 100 Days, 100 Nights is sublime :cool:

I'm currently loving God Damn Rock & Roll though...

You?

They're here by the way

same for me , love that mix , Im guessing they were a lot harder and time consuming to put together than we think El Jefe ? , I can remember making tapes when I was younger , PLAY/RECORD ,shit missed it , bollocks , always took hours and the editing was shit . Whenever I play those mixes it never fails to get questions on where they came from :cool:

Cheers !!!!!!!

the actual mechanics of it is easy, the time-consuming bit is choosing and sequencing the tunes I guess. But it's always a pleasure, never a chore

Randy & Earl’s Sunday Morning Mix

Still on fairly heavy rotation on the Family Chintz stereo

I don't have the last two on the list, But I have two others one called "Randy's Goin' To Church" the other called "A_Randy_&_Earl_Christmas" have the names changed?

I don't have the last two on the list, But I have two others one called "Randy's Goin' To Church" the other called "A_Randy_&_Earl_Christmas" have the names changed?
Oh yeah, forgot them 2. Not sure they're up on that link I gave... Have you got a link for them?

sunday morning is excellent, haven't heard the others

EDIT ha! i'd forgot i changed my tagline to 'gone fishin', i think there was some kind of influence going on there...

Whenever I play those mixes it never fails to get questions on where they came from :cool:
I've got Honky Tonkin'/Avoiding Schoolin'/Procrastinatin' as a playlist on my ipod. I put it on at a bbq on Sunday & when questioned, put on an air of insouciance and mystery; "yeah, some old tunes I ripped off this cool website" :D:rolleyes:

OK.

so the next one should be..........................................what?

another chilled out, sunday mornin' type thing or an upbeat swingin' mix or
maybe songs about monkeys.

we'll get on around to it sooner or later

Moar Proud Mary ;)

Obscure danceable 60's would be good. I'm on a huge girl group kick at the moment so maybe that's just me...

I'm now plumping for the Honky Tonkin mix, but Procrastinatin ain't far behind

It did strike me though, that R&A should release a box set, entitled:

NOT god's jukebox

;)

It really is very similar to listening to a Mark Lamarr prog, without the annoying news breaks :D

It really is very similar to listening to a Mark Lamarr prog, without the annoying news breaks :D

we're working on that. we'll get some crap news breaks for the next one, it's the dodgy DJ - newsreader banter we're stuck on :D

actually, if I get a chance I'll knock up an approximation of the glastonbury set with all the stuff that's previously appeared in our mixes knocked out and replaced with news, sorry, things I should've/would've played too. plan?

I hadn't heard any of these until the Mango5 played me the Gumbo one - that is so good, I'm gonna have to download the rest.

Back
Top Bottom