Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*The Archers thread

Ms T

Honey-coloured ramparts
I know there are some Archers fans out there (you know who you are), so I thought I'd start a thread where we can gossip about our favourite radio soap.

Here's a question to kick it off:

Should Emma marry Will? Should she marry Ed? Or should she leave Ambridge and get a life?

Also, will Hayley ever come back?

Will Helen ever stop moaning?

And will the lovely Debbie get a decent man at last?

debbie's mine :mad:

well, i guess we're letting ourselves in for a traditional love triangle... two brothers fighting for the love of one woman, jumpers for goalposts...

Hayley was in the Hen Night episode strutting her funky stuff in Felpersham......I'm boggling on the Ed/Emma/Will triangle....Debbie has doubtless fallen for the charms of a Gallic wreung un and has come home to lick her wounds......Helen will always moan....it's in her contract....they're grooming her for the resident grouchy old bag role for when Freda Fry pops her clogs. Mark my words, in 35 years time, Helen will be muttering in a corner, grumbling and toothless and sucking on a piece of Borsetshire Blue.....

bristle-krs said:
debbie's mine :mad:

I think you might have to fight my boyfriend for her, actually. He's got a bit of a thing about Debbie. He absolutely LOATHED Slimy Simon, to a rather worrying degree! :D

I predict that this heralds some public information on this issue....
"Chandler has liver damage, and while they can try vitamin B, the kindest thing will probably be to put him down." (bit of synopsis snipped from the BBC Archers page)

"As ragwort is an injurious weed it is specified in the Weeds Act 1959. The DEFRA has powers to serve clearance notices but will only do so where agricultural production is directly affected. On roadside verges and waste land, local authorities should have be contacted. Difficulties occur on other types of land in regard to enforcement. The horse owner has a very clear duty to protect his stock from what can only be described as a horrible and unnecessary death."

from the British Horse Society website;
www.bhs.org.uk/Welfare_leaflets/Welfare4.htm

When I'd pissed off my parents as a kid I was sent to clear ragwort from the field as a punishment... oh happy days!

The Ed/Will/Emma thing is only going to result in poor old Clary (spl?) having even more to worry about - you've got to love the Grundies haven't you?!

I have to say I've been a bit bored with recent story lines, the whole dreary Greg suicide, Emma, Wills and Ed triangle thats been done before and now the other drear Debbie coming back...Yawn.....but as a listener for over twenty years I know it will pick up again and sometimes the slow development of a story is lends to beliveablitiy.

A story that is bubbling beneath the surface is the Sid's daughter Lucy ...she'll be back soon you mark my words, then Jolene will have to watch out.

I reckon that Jolene is more than a match for Lucy. I thought the Emma/ Ed thing on her hen night was a bit too 'Eastenders' for my liking. Hope ther's a bust up though. That Will / Emma thing is just too smug and I would like to see Susan Carter put in her place again.

The Will-Emma wedding will go ahead (Will deserves everything he gets, in my view), Ed will turn/revert to being a bad lad and blame Emma, who will spend the rest of her life nursing a dark guilt.

There's clearly going to a bust up between the dire Adam and the dreadful Debbie. Debbie is just tooo goody-shoes-put-upon Saint. I think she's being set up to replace Jill in years to come.

Helen is set up to become the Peggy Archer of the her generation, pissing everyone off.

But what of the new herdsman at Brookfield and his nurse girlfriend - where are they going to fit in?

pooka said:
The Will-Emma wedding will go ahead (Will deserves everything he gets, in my view), Ed will turn/revert to being a bad lad and blame Emma, who will spend the rest of her life nursing a dark guilt.

There's clearly going to a bust up between the dire Adam and the dreadful Debbie. Debbie is just tooo goody-shoes-put-upon Saint. I think she's being set up to replace Jill in years to come.

Helen is set up to become the Peggy Archer of the her generation, pissing everyone off.

But what of the new herdsman at Brookfield and his nurse girlfriend - where are they going to fit in?

I think he might have an affair with the dreadful Ruth "OOOOHH NOOOO DAVID" Archer. What think you?

WARNING: OF (POSSIBLE) INTEREST TO BRIXTON RESIDENTS ONLY
The actress who plays Ruth used to go out with they guy who used to run the Juice Bar (now a furniture shop) on Coldharbour Lane next to Bleu.

Ms T said:
And I'm never wrong about these things. ;)

Maybe we've been listening too long and just recognise the warning signs that the Archers script writers give us.

I think its a shame if that Ruth is going to play around, poor David he already has to put up with her dodgy cooking and saying 'ooooooooh I knowwww' several times a day.

Hey whats happened to the vicar, his daughter and their drug rehab thingy? They seemed to have faded away at the moment.

and what about the cricket team? - Adam vs Sid - I assume Adam will win out in the end but we could be in for a bumpy ride ...

... or as bumpy as the archers ever gets

That Sid is evil....he hounded out the landlord of the other pub from the cricket team because he was gay.

That landlord had such a lovely deep welsh accent as I remember. :)

They're obviously setting the new herdsmen up as the village heart-throb. Pat was telling Helen how tasty he was last night. :eek:

Sparking: I reckon you're right, I've been listening to the Archers too long. I can usually spot the plot twists a mile off. As soon as the new chef started I just knew he was destined to be Adam's new boyf. :D

I missed tonights episode..so more C&P from the synopsis...something brewing here methinks, Ms T....are you getting sneaky peeks at the script?
"Fliss, Sam’s girlfriend, has sent him a cutting about a cattle sale in Cheshire. David and Ruth can’t both go at short notice, so David suggests that Ruth go with Sam. Ruth doesn’t seem keen to go to her usual salsa class, and confides in David it’s not so much fun now it’s not just a girly night out with Usha."

bristle-krs said:
RIP but seeing as the actor died a couple of months ago, it wasn't entirely unexpected. I'm dreading having to listen to Christines whiney whinges for the next couple of weeks, not to mention Jill and Phils anecdotes. :(

George dying
brought me almost to tears
not him dying , the fact that his dog stayed with him on that bleek hillside and now has no person ,,,poor ophened dog :(

zcat said:
George dying
brought me almost to tears
not him dying , the fact that his dog stayed with him on that bleek hillside and now has no person ,,,poor ophened dog :(
I read about a real life version of that and the dog got a medal. What never got into the press was that the dog had been eating his owners body to stay alive for 3 weeks until it was found :eek:
dum de dum de dum de dum.....

Good to see this thread back!

I have to say none of you have mentioned the character I find most irritating, viz. Kenton. I really wish someone would take care of the selfish, hapless twat. I;d rather hoped his move to New Zealand would be permanent. :mad:

Ed-Will will simmer for a good couple of years yet (there's a hilarious 'photo love' take off of that story on the Archers' website).

Oh well.

I don't care for Will either but they do say things come in threes...... two game keepers down and .......to go

i absolutely despise and detest Emmur :D

and I will enjoy her wriggling on the hook of her problem pregnancy. This will run and run!

I don't like the Kathy story;line at all- and still wonder where it is going..it's nearly time for the next episode now! :D

one constant intrigue in the Archers is who is going to live where - it's like musical chairs.

it looks like Christine won't go back to the re-built ex-police house thingy leaving it free for Haley and whatsis face ... possibly

I missed the Kathy dumping Kenton episode. How come after all their time together it's just so over and they don't seem to even think about each other.
Did I miss something big or what. Surely Kenton can't just let it go. If he rings up old girlfriends thinking they will be ready to go out with him, why is he not trying harder with kathy?

Shirl said:
I missed the Kathy dumping Kenton episode. How come after all their time together it's just so over and they don't seem to even think about each other.
Did I miss something big or what. Surely Kenton can't just let it go. If he rings up old girlfriends thinking they will be ready to go out with him, why is he not trying harder with kathy?

Surely you were not deaf to the titanic roars of self satisfaction from Sid as he announced to Shula that he had "only popped out for 1/2 an hour and had been 3" and that Jolene would have the rolling-pin ready? Nor the faux affront of Kathy as she enquired why her ex-husband should not spend time with her?

It's a Perks re-splicing before long, and there will be blood flowing along with the Shires in the pump room of The Bull. Mark my words!

"...because i'd rather go home and worm the cat" :mad: :D

so - jack - alzheimers is it?

poor peggy :(

Back
Top Bottom