Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The all encompassing 'what no jazz guitar thread?' jazz guitar thread

Humberto

Justice is order
I like to pretend I know about this stuff. But I don't. My auntie did have a dog called Django.

So Django Rheinhardt, Lonnie Johnson... that kind of stuff? Totally worth its own thread in these climes.

This apparently has been forgotten, because there's no official youtube video and all the rest only have hundreds of views.

Away Down in the Alley Blues - Lonnie Johnson

Lonnie Johnson was known for blues but he didn't accept the label, just what he got known for. Played with Louis Armstrong and the New Orleans crew in the early days. From a family of serious musicians.

Anyway before blues became blues and jazz became jazz Lonnie Johnson was bending strings like nobody else.

Eddie Lang and Lonnie Johnson - Two Tone Stomp

Fluidity between two players is unreal.

Last edited:
The daddy of the jazz guitar. The Minton's recordings are ace. Basically jam sessions till they got turfed out of the club. His work with Benny Goodman was great too.

well since youve tagged me... hmmm ive got a gig playing deeply inoffensive jazz to a bunch of upstate yacht rockers... what can i oossibly wear?

btw heres my grant green mix 🤘(write up on the blog, includes tracklist anddownload link)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom