Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thank You Games Makers

I quick look back through the thread you've started begs to differ Mr/Ms.Locog.
In this thread, I thanked some people who have done a good job and then spent the rest of it defending their right to do what they want and my right to be able to thank them against miserable gits like you.

the vast majority of the games makers were lovely, but i did encounter a creepy one in the copper box. "hey, how are you? i'll get you anything you want". shudder

In this thread, I thanked some people who have done a good job and then spent the rest of it defending their right to do what they want and my right to be able to thank them against miserable gits like you.
there you go again, make a legitimate criticism of something and suddenly you're miserable. THIS IS THE GUFF. That disliking the Olympics and all the happy-clappy-cheery-shite that's come with it makes you a miserable killjoy. Lots of things make me happy, doesn't take much, I'm all over the bloody foodie/football/any other bollocks threads being happy. I just hate this particular load of bollocks. How hard is that?

there you go again, make a legitimate criticism of something and suddenly you're miserable. THIS IS THE GUFF. That disliking the Olympics and all the happy-clappy-cheery-shite that's come with it makes you a miserable killjoy. Lots of things make me happy, doesn't take much, I'm all over the bloody foodie/football/any other bollocks threads being happy. I just hate this particular load of bollocks. How hard is that?
Is this why you hate the Olympics? Is the guff they're selling that you're a miserable git?

nothing wrong about football then - no sponsors?

Oh yes, I remember well your enthusiasm for some of the best footballing sides the world has ever seen in recent years.

Plenty wrong with football, which I've been happy to point out on any number of threads. Funny how no one bothers volunteering to show people round at the football...
so logically no one should bother volunteering for anything else?

As I said in my opening post, I'm not interested in whooping or high fiving (or happy clapping, cheering on demand etc etc). In that respect, I'm a miserable git too.

It's just that you appear to want to deny or bemoan others being happy or volunteering their time to causes you don't believe in, or you don't want to enjoy the Olympics because it's too corporate or corrupt, or enjoy exceptional football because a team is "too good", or not want to be friends with a girl who just wants to be friends. You just don't come across in your posts as a very happy bunny to me.

so logically no one should bother volunteering for anything else?
eh? People shouldn't volunteer to help out massive corporate wankathons, organised by sinister international organisations with longstanding links to fascism. Therefore they shouldn't volunteer for anything?

As I said in my opening post, I'm not interested in whooping or high fiving (or happy clapping, cheering on demand etc etc). In that respect, I'm a miserable git too.

It's just that you appear to want to deny or bemoan others being happy or volunteering their time to causes you don't believe in, or you don't want to enjoy the Olympics because it's too corporate or corrupt, or enjoy exceptional football because a team is "too good", or not want to be friends with a girl who just wants to be friends. You just don't come across in your posts as a very happy bunny to me.
It's not that it's not it's not a cause I believe in. IT'S A BAD FUCKING CAUSE. It's a cause linked to fascism, racism, dictatorship, massive population displacement, let alone corporate profiteering, for god's sake. How bad does it need to be?
(and (a) I like other football teams (b) I'm friends with other girls. What's your point?)

eh? People shouldn't volunteer to help out massive corporate wankathons, organised by sinister international organisations with longstanding links to fascism. Therefore they shouldn't volunteer for anything?
so don't volunteer for any German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Bulgarian, Ukranian, Croatian, Spanish Olympics or football teams then - glad you clarified that

so don't volunteer for any German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Bulgarian, Ukranian, Croatian, Spanish Olympics or football teams then - glad you clarified that
(a) wasn't planning to and (b) did any of those organisations award an event as recently as 2008 to a repressive dictatorship that displaced 1.5m people, actually killed people to keep order before the event, which was then widely regarded as a massive PR coup for said regime. Have any of those organisations offered the same event to another government in four years time that is intending to displace a similar number of people?

But, aw shucks, can't you get with it you miserable bastard?

Plenty wrong with football, which I've been happy to point out on any number of threads. Funny how no one bothers volunteering to show people round at the football...
I'll think you'll find there are plenty of volunteers in and around football, including at major competitions.

(a) wasn't planning to and (b) did any of those organisations award an event as recently as 2008 to a repressive dictatorship that displaced 1.5m people, actually killed people to keep order before the event, which was then widely regarded as a massive PR coup for said regime. Have any of those organisation offered the same event to another government in four years time that is intending to displace a similar number of people?

But, aw shucks, can't you get with it you miserable bastard?
I get what you are saying yes, but I also get that there were thousands of volunteers for these games, who played a huge role in making it the success that it was - yes there are dodgy associations with the Olympic movement - and yes in an ideal world we would all shake our fists at the wrong uns running the 'lympics - and we'd be right to do so - plenty of cunts there - no argument there. Yet despite all that - I want to thank all the volunteers - they gave up their time - and made a great Olympics/Paralympics - it doesn't have to make sense...

What's your point?)
What i said in the the last sentence of my post, you don't come across as very happy in your posts.

It's not about having to agree with other people, everyone's entitled to their view. it's the moaning about other people enjoying things that's depressing.

All the volunteers I saw at the Paralympics were doing a brilliant job and they should be praised for that. Their cheerful attitude really helped the atmosphere. :) I'm glad they seemed to have enjoyed the experience. I kinda wish I could have joined in, but the time commitments were such that I'm surprised anyone in work could do it. Having volunteers probably meant that there were many staff than if they'd all been paid, and probably changed it to be less of a corporate event in atmosphere at least.

However, I'd kinda expected the volunteers to be doing the supercilliary things like directing people outside tube stations and around the park, not checking people in at security or manning the tills at the games paraphernalia shops (their tags said volunteer). Those really should have, and could have, been paid roles, paid for out of the huge sums awarded to the people who were supposed to be providing things like security - isn't checking people in at the gates "security"?

I get what you are saying yes, but I also get that there were thousands of volunteers for these games, who played a huge role in making it the success that it was - yes there are dodgy associations with the Olympic movement - and yes in an ideal world we would all shake our fists at the wrong uns running the 'lympics - and we'd be right to do so - plenty of cunts there - no argument there. Yet despite all that - I want to thank all the volunteers - they gave up their time - and made a great Olympics/Paralympics - it doesn't have to make sense...

I'd like to like this but I'm currently not liking :)

All the volunteers I saw at the Paralympics were doing a brilliant job and they should be praised for that. Their cheerful attitude really helped the atmosphere. :) I'm glad they seemed to have enjoyed the experience. I kinda wish I could have joined in, but the time commitments were such that I'm surprised anyone in work could do it. Having volunteers probably meant that there were many staff than if they'd all been paid, and probably changed it to be less of a corporate event in atmosphere at least.

However, I'd kinda expected the volunteers to be doing the supercilliary things like directing people outside tube stations and around the park, not checking people in at security or manning the tills at the games paraphernalia shops (their tags said volunteer). Those really should have, and could have, been paid roles, paid for out of the huge sums awarded to the people who were supposed to be providing things like security - isn't checking people in at the gates "security"?

They probably only consider going through the metal detectors security :hmm:

Army frisked me on two occasions :oops:

What i said in the the last sentence of my post, you don't come across as very happy in your posts.

It's not about having to agree with other people, everyone's entitled to their view. it's the moaning about other people enjoying things that's depressing.
There's plenty of happy posts of mine on here, there's even half a dozen pics of me grinning like an idiot. And since when was this about people enjoying things or not? It's about the Olympics and what a noxious organisation it is.

Back
Top Bottom