Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tell me about Moscow and St Petersburg

just done a month in Russia. the visa is tiresome if you have to do it yerself but its more of an information gathering exercise for the authorities than real ball ache. Best not to fabricate stuff, but keep it concise and relevant to what you have done. They will check the stamps in yer passport to line up with yer statement of the last decades travel adventures, so if you add Abkhazia for eg, they will have a record, so the be sure to mention Georgia as an entry point, even if your new passport doesnt have the stamps. Russia is good value once you are there as the ruble is trashed

just done a month in Russia. the visa is tiresome if you have to do it yerself but its more of an information gathering exercise for the authorities than real ball ache. Best not to fabricate stuff, but keep it concise and relevant to what you have done. They will check the stamps in yer passport to line up with yer statement of the last decades travel adventures, so if you add Abkhazia for eg, they will have a record, so the be sure to mention Georgia as an entry point, even if your new passport doesnt have the stamps. Russia is good value once you are there as the ruble is trashed
What about travel that has not required a stamp in my passport? I've gathered as much as I can from my passport and from email flight confirmations going back to 2012. I know we went to Iceland in 2010 but beyond that I'm stumped.

How could they possibly find out about anything else?

What about travel that has not required a stamp in my passport? I've gathered as much as I can from my passport and from email flight confirmations going back to 2012. I know we went to Iceland in 2010 but beyond that I'm stumped.

How could they possibly find out about anything else?

they cannot find out anything really. i still think much of the Russian state still runs on piles of bog paper texture greyed paper that get moved from room to room in ministries but never get input anywhere.pm if you want a top tip for an invite for a stay as long was you want

they cannot find out anything really. i still think much of the Russian state still runs on piles of bog paper texture greyed paper that get moved from room to room in ministries but never get input anywhere.pm if you want a top tip for an invite for a stay as long was you want
Thanks but I've sorted my accomodation already.

Just found out that the Hermitage has free entry on the third Thursday of the month and I'll be there on the third Thursday in July - RESULT!

It's interesting that the big statue of Lenin in that poster isn't there any more. I've been to a few ex-communist countries and they all get rid of the commie stuff. I travelled out of the centre of St Petersburg to see the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad which is without doubt one of the best things I've ever seen but apart from that, you wouldn't even know Communism had happened in St Petersburg.

I wanted to buy soviet propaganda posters. There were 2 shops I found out about online but they were both gone. It's really being airbrushed away.

teh Soviet agitprop stuff that was any good was rediscovered in the early 2000's by the oligrach classes and stripped from display. I used to travel out and bring it back until about 2010, then my contacts were unable to source anything decent any more

Back
Top Bottom