Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Technics deck repair cost question

Fucking hell!! They used to be around £25 iirc and I’ve seen pairs of complete decks go for£700 recently

You’re better off replacing the arms with rega rb250s which go for about £150 in good nick second hand
The decks are fine, only thing needs fixing is the slight pitch wobble. Won't be replacing arms and hoping to avoid the pitch control too if at all possible

I was about to mock, but google:

“Guildford Wetherspoons”
It’s tempting to come up with the interesting bit of knowledge that attends that building, but that would risk mitigating the horror of general Guildford by associating it with the 1920s. When it might have been less guildfordy.

Interesting! Latest from DD.

"
Ifyou were to fit a mk5 pitch into the mk2 deck, then it would not click, nor would it illuminate the green LED as it would not pass through the quartz lock at zero.

Alternately, it's possible to remove the bearing in the mk2 pitch, making it smooth through zero, however, it will still pass through the quartz lock so the transitional points between the varying points of resistance that the pitch offers are still apparent as it changes into the quartz lock area at zero."

Interesting! Latest from DD.

"
Ifyou were to fit a mk5 pitch into the mk2 deck, then it would not click, nor would it illuminate the green LED as it would not pass through the quartz lock at zero.

Alternately, it's possible to remove the bearing in the mk2 pitch, making it smooth through zero, however, it will still pass through the quartz lock so the transitional points between the varying points of resistance that the pitch offers are still apparent as it changes into the quartz lock area at zero."
I’ve got mk3s which have the digital pitch with no notch (I’m not sure if they’re the same as the mk5s) and one of them has gone wrong such that the zero point is where -2 should be - not a huge deal to work around but at some point I want to fix it, not sure if it’s simply a question of replacing the pitch fader or not

Back
Top Bottom