Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Team GB for BBC Sprts Personality of the year?

Smeone suggested this on a Guardian comment thread and I thought YES.
How would one go about suggesting this as a votable possibility?
I do not twitter or Facebook or blog and no longer live in the UK so can't do much but what do you think of it as A Plan?

Yes but it's personality (individual) of the Year which is the big one, and it would be a way of acknowledging the fact that how can you pick one, this year of all years...

Yes but it's personality (individual) of the Year which is the big one, and it would be a way of acknowledging the fact that how can you pick one, this year of all years...

Quite easily. Pick the athlete who's achievements are the greatest. Olympics or not.

.. Jessica is the best all round athlete the world has ever known, she had to rely only on herself, not some technological advantage on a £20k bike...
Eh, surely some hyperbole here, surely she can't be the best the world has ever known.....?

"End of"?! What are you? Some out of touch Tory MP?! :D

Jessica is the best all round athlete the world has ever known, she had to rely only on herself, not some technological advantage on a £20k bike...

Best all round athlete? That the world has ever known?

You can have the first sentence. The second is nothing but hyperbole.

"End of"?! What are you? Some out of touch Tory MP?! :D

Jessica is the best all round athlete the world has ever known, she had to rely only on herself, not some technological advantage on a £20k bike...
Wiggins became the first British person to ever win the Tour de France and won a gold medal in the same year. That's well beyond a gold medal in the track competition that arguably has the lowest prestige of any event...

More women vote than men, and considering most women aren't lesbians, Ennis won't be a dead cert.

I'd expect that to work the other way around. Women are more likely to identify with another woman, than lots of men to vote for a woman.

I'd certainly expect the profile of public telephone voters to be somewhat similar. It takes a special someone to pay to vote in such contests.

BK - nice to see you posting.

I think in the UK feelings are quite strong about particular athletes, and to be honest I think naming team GB would almost be a cop out.

I also more or less assume Bradley Wiggins who excelled at the Olympics within weeks of being the first Brit Ever to win the tour de france

BK - nice to see you posting.

I think in the UK feelings are quite strong about particular athletes, and to be honest I think naming team GB would almost be a cop out.

It would be an act of self-congratulatory nationalist back-slapping of epic proportions. Look at us, aren't we great! It would say.

Back
Top Bottom