Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Team GB Boxing

Corax

Luke 5:16
Well, having seen our last ex-olympic hope for a world superstar boxer have his world crumble around him, I decided to get all Life of Brian and see what prospects we have coming up through this Summer's games.

Team GB looks to have plenty of medal hopes in the ring. The Guardian's run-down of our fighters predicts 2 Golds, a Bronze and a Silver for the men.

The one that particularly caught my attention is Anthony Joshua. Favourite for Gold, only 22 years old, and utterly ripped. Super heavyweight, but a damn sight more mobile than most of them. Quick hands too when he lets them go. Here he is in the 2011 World Championships:

Tyson Fury talking about being beaten up by Joshua in sparring: :D

Can this guy be our next Lennox Lewis?

Don't forget the women! Britain's Savannah Marshall's the current world no 1 middleweight. She's got a good chance at the Gold :)
I've got tickets - am so excited!

I also have tickets - I must look up who's actually on :D I've never been to a boxing match before so an quite excited :)

b/f's nephew is coming over for boxing. Got tickets for the 1st I think. Have no idea who he gets to see

You get free travel as well. Didn't know that. Doesn't cover the Riverboats though

b/f's nephew is coming over for boxing. Got tickets for the 1st I think. Have no idea who he gets to see
You'll get to see the men's Bantam, Heavy and Super Heavy weights that day so if you're lucky you'll get to see Joshua and also Luke Campbell. In Campbell's weight (Bantam) the fav' is a guy called Lazaro Alvarez, he's brilliant, he beat Campbell in the Worlds last year.

You might also get to see the big Ukrainian fella Oleksandr Usyk - he's brilliant too.

url

Should be a good day.

The boxer I'm most looking forward to seeing is Ireland's Katie Taylor, best lb for lb amateur boxer in the world running up to it.

Heads up for this evening:

11:15pm
Superheavyweight

Erislandy Savon Cotilla
vs
Anthony Joshua

wow 14 points each, scraped it - first welsh boxer to get to the medal stage since ages ago or something.... looked beaten in that last round!

Back
Top Bottom