Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Team building without the ick

Getting the team to find a way of locking up your manager and fucking off might improve team building skills.
This seemed obvious to me. In theory, murdering them would be even better at building team spirit, by necessity. I have not yet suggested this, though.

Our day was not as bad as feared, but still a massive pointless waste of money. Giving us a tab in a nearby boozer would have been a fraction of the price, and more appreciated.

Had an email this morning about a planned (and compulsory) management away day, that will involve a series of “fun” activities and workshops, that will all feed into us each getting a “Strength Deployment Inventory 2.0” report.

Which a) Sounds like a pile of absolute fucking horseshit and b) sounds like something where I’d rather eat glass than take part

I’ve already emailed back saying I won’t be going :thumbs:
I looked at the link.

Your assessment is correct, sir.

Had an email this morning about a planned (and compulsory) management away day, that will involve a series of “fun” activities and workshops, that will all feed into us each getting a “Strength Deployment Inventory 2.0” report.

Which a) Sounds like a pile of absolute fucking horseshit and b) sounds like something where I’d rather eat glass than take part

Looks like another case of intellectualising what people do anyway after spending any length of time in an office environment. You know your colleagues’ strengths and weaknesses through experience so, if you want to get a particular thing done, don’t give it to X (as they never answer emails), or Y (as they’re an unhelpful git) so give it to Z as they know their stuff and are approachable - plus they owe you a favour.

On the plus side, they might have a decent buffet?

Jesus.

I think there's a difference between a team event that you choose to do and a team event one is forced to do because you know it's going to be a waste of time epic car crash no matter how positive you try to be.

hmm no working in my company ...

new Operations director /uk ceo is leaving my team and me alone as we make money it appears

but walked up to me yesterday and said he was happy to see us busy as it gave him "a warm Fuzzy feeling"

never really had to look at a 60 year old fella and bite my tongue and go

"fair play fella thanks"

*shudders

Back
Top Bottom