Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Swimming gold for Team GB

ScallyWag II

Fantastic swim by Rebecca Adlington to get the gold in the women's 400m freestyle :cool: 48 years since a GB woman has won a swimming gold!

And well done to Jo Jackson who got bronze in the same race :cool:

heard about that earlier and wish i watched it, well done Team GB!(am not surprised fuck all people have replied to this, but yet replied straight away when it was a welsh person)

That's our first gold in this event since i think 38 years they said,the footage they're showing of that win way back then is black and white!

heard about that earlier and wish i watched it, well done Team GB!(am not surprised fuck all people have replied to this, but yet replied straight away when it was a welsh person)

Oh get the chip off your shoulder jeezus!
:rolleyes:Its got nothing at all to do with the fact that most people were in bed at 6.20 and many will only just have found out she won it then???
.. Ive just watched the replay, well bloody done to her!
Its pretty unusual to have boards full of urbs watching the TV and posting on urban anytime. Fucksakes get over yourself

just watched this on the bbc website, what a swim !, she seemed out of it with 10 metres to go - that american was gutted :cool:

The gold medalist just swam in the 200m freestyle heats and made it through in 4th place.

Really? You sure it's not the bronze medalist? I thought Adlington was going in the 800m and Jackson in the 200m?

Whichever, good result, must be hard to keep concentration after doing so well earlier!

Just watched it on the BBC "highlights"

Fan-fucking-tastic!

Not sure why I missed it though, was up at 7.00 to watch the olympics :confused:

Yeah the Adlington family were just on my local news and came across similarly.

Her best event is yet to come n'all :cool:

Superb stuff from the British swimmers and a big gwaan, big up and many congratulations to Rebecca Adlington for winning the 400m Freestyle (she was ranked 4th in the world) & Jo Jackson for a gusty bronze medal. The way Adlington in terms of race pace was beautifully timed (reminded me of Adrian Mooorhouse when he won the 100m Breastroke back in Seoul 88) and i thought that Katie Hoff the American swimmer went off too early i.e. at 250m she started to sprint off and try to break away from the others. Also as the Beeb's swimming commentators Andy Jameson & Moorhouse rightly said the Italian swimmer Pellegrini - the pre race favourite swam a tactically awful race.

But RA reeled the American in with a tremendous burst of swimming inthe last 30 metres. Yep Flashman, the womens 800m freestyle should be very interesting with RA being the top ranked woman in the event. She'll take some stopping in that event after winning the 400m!

I somehow ended up watching this after going over me mates house after the pub. Wasn't expecting much but it was really exciting. Beer and sport is a great mix. :)

Just watched it on the BBC "highlights"

Fan-fucking-tastic!

Not sure why I missed it though, was up at 7.00 to watch the olympics :confused:

possibly because they were primarily showing the diving from about 7.30 maybe?
I only realised when I saw it on the ticker half way through the mens synchronised diving

shame we fucked up the relay she was going to be in by leaving her out of the heats

Back
Top Bottom