Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Swiftkey virtual keyboard dispenses with need for space bar

In that video there seems to be a button on the right hand side which he's using to scroll through predictions. I don't seem to have this but I'm pretty sure this is the version I have.

Downloaded this, getting in to it, seems quite smart with the word predictions.

At the back of my mind I have a minor security worry with apps like this, I don't have much to hide (besides my ebay password) but not en enough of a worry to stop using it.

The free trial lasted me about 3 weeks, about 10,000 keystrokes was enough to get me to pay £1.50 to keep it.

I have just installed the free trial. It's taking a bit of getting used to but it certainly speeds things up. Not having to use the space bar is well confusing though. :D

my dads got himself an ipad, after being completely technophobic for many years (he was the pioneer in my house, when I was a young'un, being the only one who knew how to program the timer on the VCR, but then got left behind by his kids and my ma when home computers became popular...).

Is there anything similar to swiftkey for apple devices? Either that or a keyboard that comes in traditional alphabetical order? Anything simpler than learning "qwerty" when you've been eligible for a free bus pass for a few years, anyway.

I might try swiftkey because typing more than a paragraph on a tablet, even a 10" one is a bit of an ordeal.

@Jon

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1356798

Tapatalk is great and well supported to.

I wouldn't say it is great, it doesn't let you vote in polls or even see them, it doesn't alert you to alerts, it has a horrible 'love' button instead of like, and it doesn't like Joomla. It's better than forum runner but it isn't great :)

Swiftkey is shite (for me!)...Not a day goes by where it 'flips' and stops letting me enter every word, like when I go to the next word it replaces whatever word I typed with a space.

I tried swiftkey a while ago and didn't really like it. Went back the the standard Jelly Bean keyboard which is excellent. Might try it again if it really has improved that much.

There is a free alternative to Swiftkey that I use on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It is called Go Keyboard. It works in the same way as Swiftkey putting a green line on the keyboard where you swipe. I am getting on better with this than an old version of Swiftkey that I tried on my HTC.

There is a free alternative to Swiftkey that I use on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It is called Go Keyboard. It works in the same way as Swiftkey putting a green line on the keyboard where you swipe. I am getting on better with this than an old version of Swiftkey that I tried on my HTC.
You should maybe give the never version a go. It ain't 'alf good.

You should maybe give the never version a go. It ain't 'alf good.
One of the things that I missed from my HTC that isn't on the S3 is the mini trackball that lets you move the curser back and forth across the text. With Go Keyboard it gives you a set of arrows for moving the cursor forward, backward, up and down. I don't see that on your picture of Swiftkey. Gwan go download it and check it out. It is free.

Back
Top Bottom