Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Steam summer sale, 2015

I keep hearing about this in various places - what's it actually like, any good?
It's a weird Japanese tactics game set in kind of second world war Europe, but a bit different.

One of the characters just gave birth in a tank during the battle and the main guy is called Welkin Gunther.

I've only played a few hours but it's looking quite good. You are in charge of a squad of 20 soldiers, 5 different classes plus your own tank. You can upgrade everything and get different abilities, weapons etc.

I found it pretty tough to start with. It's a weird mix of real time movement and turns. Lots of taking cover behind sandbags and blowing sandbags up. The first few rounds are teaching you quite specific things so I've really only recently got out of the tutorial.

It's a bit JRPG. Lots of girls in knee socks killing the enemy and talking about ending all wars whilst staring into the distance.

I recon wrong. But it was only a pound.

Mount and blade warband plays tho and for four quid I am loving it
There's a great sub-Roman Britain mod called Breatwalda that you should try. I kept getting kidnapped by bandits in Wales mind.

Got This War of Mine.

Very impressed.

Have played <1hr so far, and on my second (brief) attempt have just quit - as I accidentally traded a good portion of my most valuable things, in return for nothing. Oop.

Gauntlet, Transistor, Warhammer franchise, Civ franchise...

Would properly recommend transistor - playing it atm on iOS. From the makers of Bastion.

Civ - hmm, not sure ⅔ "off" is enough to tempt me with BE quite yet! It'll go lower, ay.

https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy

Tracks data from games during the steam sale, and shows how devs put up the price of their game right before a sale, so the discounts you're getting aren't as good as you think, sometimes non-existent. In case you care about that sort of thing.

For example:

CHSrD0aUsAAqDdG.jpg

There's a great sub-Roman Britain mod called Breatwalda that you should try. I kept getting kidnapped by bandits in Wales mind.
I'm still in the process of working it all out. I haven't even stolen from villagers yet. And where are all the lords ffs

empty castles everywhere.

But how was the game? :hmm:

I'm still in the process of working it all out. I haven't even stolen from villagers yet. And where are all the lords ffs

empty castles everywhere.

Game was great but a bit like Dotty not sure I really worked it out; there's lords and factions all over in Brytenwalda (as it turns out it's actually called: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda) but I tried being an independent good bandit type which meant every time I accumulated a bit of scratch and a few followers the aforementioned Welsh bandits would ambush us, kick our arses them drag us around for months until we escaped potless again :D

Crusader Kings, Shadowrun, Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons... Transistor, Endless Legend and the Banner Saga still on sale... Frozen Cortex as a (6hr?) users choice, 50% off (think I might have a spare voucher for that, though :hmm: )

Yeah. Not a bad day, but I've got all I want out of that lot - except Brothers, which is apparently coming to iOS soon (where I'll have far more available time to play it!)

But how was the game? :hmm:

Hmm, Space Marine for £7, can I be arsed? Sturmovik 1946 for less than £2, bought with my Steam wallet, get in.

Summer game is shit as well, plus takes a fucking age to load, meh.
once you get past the tumescence of seeing well rendered warhammer 40k troops doing their thing its not much of a game unless you enjoy boring take\hold\build\assault games. I got the Battle Sisters version and its rubbish

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
1.74 GBP
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
4.49 GBP
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds - Kurisu Makise Character Pack
3.35 GBP
SUNLESS SEA Copy
10.49 GBP

Elite (!), Baldurs Gate, Deus Ex, Total War... Bioshock, CK2 and Shadowrun still on offer...

Might be tempted by Elite @ £30 :hmm: Steamprices says it's the lowest it's gone, and unless I'm minded to wait for another 6-12 months... :hmm:

And doorknockers, 75% off, c.£4.

Tempted, though apparently it's coming to iOS. Which reduces its appeal :hmm:

Door kickers surely? Because if your knocking at the door before you go in your doing it wrong :hmm:

Its a nice little game, I bought the Alpha and wasted a week or so on it, it'd work pretty well on Tablets as well so nice to see it try and make the jump.

Very good indeed. Not as much like DX as you're probably expecting.

You'll be fantasising about having the 'blink' power for weeks. :cool:

Saving up for the Time Warp power as we speak *arranges people into amusing shapes* :cool:

Spelunky for a couple of quid, same for grow home and then Total War: Rome 2 for about 7.50. Can't be bad.

South Park: Stick of Truth now 66% off at £8.15. I think that's as big a discount as that's likely to get for some time.

To even the most beneficent of Mac eyes, today's steam sale looks like a sack of warm shit.

Euro truck simulator aside.

Offworld looks to be up my street, but £15 is too much (even if that is half price) 'specially with it being early access. Did get excited seeing the Sims 3, but then remembered all the dlc needed (£200+ in the sale) so I won't be getting that either.

South Park: Stick of Truth now 66% off at £8.15. I think that's as big a discount as that's likely to get for some time.

I got Stick Of Truth for £5.99 from cdkeys about 3 months ago, Steam key too.

To even the most beneficent of Mac eyes, today's steam sale looks like a sack of warm shit.

Euro truck simulator aside.

Tom Clancy games are currently on the Flash Sales, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 for £1.74 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom