Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Steam summer sale, 2015

Not expecting any huge discounts on Civ: BE, Borderlands pre sequel or Elite (ha! There'd be optimism).

BUT WILL BE CHECKING.

Actually, tell a lie, it's about time for the first two to be knocked down to £7-10.
I wouldn't bother with Borderlands TPS unless it was cheaper than that :(

Major disappointment compared to #1 and #2, save your pennies and wait for the inevitable #3 :)

Annual steam sales have increasingly been rather disappointing.

I do hope Wolfenstein New Order comes down below a tenner though, it is staying stubbornly high given its age.

Don't Starve is 75% off. Anyone who doesn't own that should get it, really is one of my favourite games of all time :cool:

anything vaugley good and cheap from 3 years ago that my system will play? (intel 4400 onboard graphics).

Thinking FPS games- deus ex types, medieval/historical fps.etc. I can't get on steam atm

anything vaugley good and cheap from 3 years ago that my system will play? (intel 4400 onboard graphics).

Thinking FPS games- deus ex types, medieval/historical fps.etc. I can't get on steam atm
All the GTAs are currently on offer. A GTA to suit every graphics card!

Check the specs on Metro? 80% off and, tbh, I absolutely loved it (played well on my mid 2012 / integral gfx MacBook, though that may not be a fair comparison).

The XCOMs are on offer, too. Not fps but a v enjoyable / robust tbs.

E2a: the darkness II is also on offer. One of the first decent FPSes to transfer to Mac, so my fondness for it might be lacking relevant context.

No badges just for voting this year? Ah well, guess I won't miss the 50p or so from it.

Will look for MS Flight Sim for 75% off or so but other than that not to fussed about what to get.

Still 22 quid though, they had the MS one for like £3 the other day.

Or might rebuy one of the Sturmoviks

Papers, Please £2.09. Add on the crisps I had for my dinner and that's almost three whole pounds I've spent today :D

Plenty more "fuck all tempting" today :thumbs:

Good for the bank balance, at least :thumbs:

e2a:
Papers, Please £2.09. Add on the crisps I had for my dinner and that's almost three whole pounds I've spent today :D

Good luck! I found it mind-fuckingly boring. I think it was one of those turning points in my gaming career, wherein I finally twigged that I really don't like repetitive games with shit graphics, even when they're both indie AND massively discounted.

May your experience of it be better than mine :thumbs:

Last edited:
Democracy 3 for less than a fiver and War of Mine for £6. Not bad, but I'll decide tomorrow. I may buy a new hat off eBay instead :cool:

Yeah I just bought that and am now regretting not having my i5 processor overclocked/ getting a motherboard that supports overclocking when i bought my pc last year... Unless a hefty GPU upgrade would be enough? :/ (Not that I was planning on that any time soon...)

Hmmm... One review says it runs well on medium spec hardware... my graphics card probably needs updating to be medium spec :p will see...

Borderlands and CivBE 50% off. Meh. With the season pass, that'd bring borderlands up to £34. Meh meh meh.

Elite 10% off. £38. Yeah. More tempting than full whack. Not there though.

E2a: ah. I see these are full duration summer sale discounts. Which leaves me rather more hopeful that they'll see proper discounts soon.

Last edited:
£18 for the new borderlands plus season pass...

That's nudging towards tempting. Though, tbf, I do know it'll go lower later this year AND I've got no time for desktop gaming atm.

Head heart head heart head heart.....

Back
Top Bottom