Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star signs have changed...

As an aside, on an outing to a singles night earlier this year I was quite horrified to find myself asked many times what my star sign is. I had no idea that any adult would actually ask that question. Morons the lot of them.
it's a very useful way to find out someone's birthday, you start with that and it's a quick answer. if you read 'the operators' about british intelligence in the six counties you'll see that as part of an exercise they're sent out to get someone to tell them their name, date of birth, address and something else i forget. you should be aware that people who are talking to you aren't always asking innocently and may be seeking information on you for their own nefarious purposes.

it's a very useful way to find out someone's birthday, you start with that and it's a quick answer. if you read 'the operators' about british intelligence in the six counties you'll see that as part of an exercise they're sent out to get someone to tell them their name, date of birth, address and something else i forget. you should be aware that people who are talking to you aren't always asking innocently and may be seeking information on you for their own nefarious purposes.
Clubs used to try and trip people up around here by asking people they suspected of using fake IDs their star sign. "I'm 20 and too old for that shit" didn't work.

Last edited:
I'm now a Taurus. Which explains why I'm so much like my mum. Except she's an Aries now. 🤦‍♂️

Someone has proposed something similar in China, bringing the start of all the star signs forward. Because being born in the last couple of weeks of the year is considered bad luck a lot of people are very keen on this (not so much the ones who are now born at the end of the year though I would think). My wife occasionally goes on about this because our son was born 8 days before cny 2018 so he should be a chicken but she keeps insisting he's a dog. My argument is that horoscopes are bollocks, he was obviously born in the year of the chicken and until they change cny any so called science on the subject is a loads of codswallop. Meanwhile she says it's because my Chinese isn't good enough to read and understand the science of it. 😡

I am open to the possiblity that when you are born in the year could have some influence on your development and a tendency towards certain personality traits. It may have been even more so millennia ago when less protection from seasonal changes, food scarcity, lack of artificial light and other natural phenomena we are largely protected from could have a real affect on physical development as may the seasonal aspect of work or customs. Fuck all to do with pretty specks of light in the sky if it is the case.

Well the gravity of stars and planets affect each other, so presumably that applies to the things living on the planets as well. How accurate the 3000 year old one based on Greek mythology is may be in doubt...

I'm now a Taurus. Which explains why I'm so much like my mum. Except she's an Aries now. 🤦‍♂️

Someone has proposed something similar in China, bringing the start of all the star signs forward. Because being born in the last couple of weeks of the year is considered bad luck a lot of people are very keen on this (not so much the ones who are now born at the end of the year though I would think). My wife occasionally goes on about this because our son was born 8 days before cny 2018 so he should be a chicken but she keeps insisting he's a dog. My argument is that horoscopes are bollocks, he was obviously born in the year of the chicken and until they change cny any so called science on the subject is a loads of codswallop. Meanwhile she says it's because my Chinese isn't good enough to read and understand the science of it. 😡

Always thought that the Chinese one was really unfair how some people get dragons and tigers and some people get pigs and rats

I was at a party once when an ‘expert’ in astrology asked me my star sign. So I said “try and guess”. The conversation went as follows. “Sagittarius.” No. “Taurus.” No. “Leo.” No. “Pisces”. No. “Libra.” No. “Aquarius.” No. “Cancer”. No. “Capricorn”. Yes. “Ah, I thought so”.

I was at a party once when an ‘expert’ in astrology asked me my star sign. So I said “try and guess”. The conversation went as follows. “Sagittarius.” No. “Taurus.” No. “Leo.” No. “Pisces”. No. “Libra.” No. “Aquarius.” No. “Cancer”. No. “Capricorn”. Yes. “Ah, I thought so”.
Exactly the same happened to me , when I was visiting a tenant who had been sectioned .

I will not link to the scum,but does anyone know what the new dates for scorpio are as I like being a scorpio it comes in handy now and again.

Astrology is hocus-pocus ... I can remember Sir Patrick Moore on the subject when some unfortunate journo referred to him as an astrologer instead of an Astronomer ...

I will not link to the scum,but does anyone know what the new dates for scorpio are as I like being a scorpio it comes in handy now and again.

SCORPIO
PREVIOUSLY: October 24 – November 22

NOW: November 23 to November 29

Scorpio has not one but TWO planetary influences - Pluto (otherwise known as the god of the Underworld) and the god of war Mars.

Passionate, loyal and persistent are all key characteristics of a Scorpio.

Mystic Meg said: "You're the zodiac’s sexiest sign, both magnetic and compelling.

But you also have a strong belief in life-long relationships and friendships."

I liked McSweeney's 'Scientifically Accurate Horoscopes.'

Scorpio. Mercury is in retrograde, which means that if you were to record its relative location in the sky every night you would notice that, against the plane of stars, it appears temporarily to move backwards in comparison to the rest of the bright objects that move along the ecliptic. This is all that this means, though.

Pisces. Thinking about quitting your job? You may want to reconsider. The inevitable heat-death of the universe, in which all existing matter will end up as stray, lonely photons in a sparse and cold universe, will render all life decisions ultimately meaningless.

SCORPIO

Scorpio has not one but TWO planetary influences - Pluto (otherwise known as the god of the Underworld) and the god of war Mars.

Mystic Meg said: "You're the zodiac’s sexiest sign, both magnetic and compelling.

Bollocks, making people walk away from me at parties was the only use i had for that, though the party where i ended up in a room with six other scorpios was fun the fact that five of them were bikers was icing on the cake.

Well the gravity of stars and planets affect each other, so presumably that applies to the things living on the planets as well. How accurate the 3000 year old one based on Greek mythology is may be in doubt...
Gravity works according the the mass of the objects, and the square of the distance between them. Care to venture a guess as to the likely forces involved in a star some hundreds of light years away and a human body? :D

(clue: they're rather less than just about any other force. Put it this way - if a ball of flaming gas billions of km away is going to determine whether you find love today, just think how much more impact a No 23 bus going past your front room is going to have)

Studies consistently show that Scorpios consistently do better at maths GCSE than Gemini's.

SCORPIO

Funny how they never say anything like "Scorpios - massive cunts usually"

all the people here going "science!" are the same people who thousands of years ago, hearing the National Association of Sumerian Astrology pronounce animism a load of tosh would also be smugly claiming "science!".

Back
Top Bottom