Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spotting now-familiar actors in tiny bit-parts/early appearances

Stringer Bell from The Wire (again) being in Family Affairs on channel 5 back in the day when it first launched

Spotted the guy who plays Matt in 'Heroes' in some daytime TV crock a few months back - something like 'Diagnosis Murder'

Spotted the guy who plays Matt in 'Heroes' in some daytime TV crock a few months back - something like 'Diagnosis Murder'

The blonde FBI agent who worked with Parkman in season one is in John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars.

edit: there was also an episode of DM where Doctor Quincy was euthanising patients. The shit afternoon telly cross over almost caused a rift in the space-time continuum

shall we just make this into a 'what else have you seen actors from the wire in?' thread?

shot01.jpg

Kirsten-Dunst-Spider-Man-3.jpg

Don't watch these two films the wrong way round.
or even:

interview_with_the_vampire.jpg

There is some 60s British gangster flick where I will swear that a very young looking David Bowie is one of the musicians in the band playing in the background of the club scene.

Juliette Lewis as 'friend of Alyson Hanigan' in My Stepmother is an Alien, looking exactly the same as she does in every single film no matter how old she is.

I seem to remember that Jennifer Aniston was in one episode of Quantum Leap as a nurse pre-Friends.

There have been others I've noticed - I'll have to have a think...

Edit: oh, David Duchovny as a transvestite FBI agent pre X-Files (2nd series Twin Peaks).

Linda Hamilton - of Terminator fame - a non speaking appearence in the Trading Places company Xmas party Scene ( yes, really )

I saw death race 2000 the othr night - didnt realsie Sly Stallone was in it

Oh yes, Stallone was in Take the Money & Run ( Woody Allen ) IIRC- a non speaking burly mugger on the NYC subway

Rachel Weisz in an early Stephen Norrington toss jamboree called Death Machine. It's remarkably good fun.

i watched dirty dancing for the first time in ages and i noticed baby's mum was lorelai's mum from the Gilmore Girls.

i am :cool: in this post.

Courtney Cox is in the video for Springsteens 'Dancing in the Dark' he pulls her out for the crowd to dance on stage.

The blonde FBI agent who worked with Parkman in season one is in John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars.

edit: there was also an episode of DM where Doctor Quincy was euthanising patients. The shit afternoon telly cross over almost caused a rift in the space-time continuum

he wasn't euthanising paitients (unless Quincy was in it twice:eek:)
but he was a dying crap detective who faked a clown serial killer murder, causedn them to start killing people again before finally shooting him.

That is almost a - disturbing - thread all of it's own:

"Inadvertently watching the early work of former child actor/actress over whom one has whacked one out as an adult"

:hmm:

There should be a word for that.

Eliza Dushku as Arnie's daughter in 'True Lies' definitely qualifies for this disturbing trend.

As does Natalie Portman in Leon (but obviously that one's well-known)

Back
Top Bottom