Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

South London Press journalist cautioned by Police for attack on Councillor

http://www.newstatesman.com/uk-politics/2009/03/barack-obama-campaign-labour

He went to see Obamas campaign.

"Volunteers were empowered to become leaders of their own campaigns. That is the lesson Labour should heed because, in the end, it was a triumph for sheer hands-on hard work by selfless, determined and passionate activists."

Really? And how exactly does Obamas campaign fit in with New Labour? People flocked to Obama as he symbolised a complete change from the Bush years. Obama was against the war in Iraq ( a war of choice in his words).

How does this fit in with New Labour supporting Bush?

Was that just something we are all supposed to move on from?

The lack of any kind of self reflection is staggering. Did Bennett not see that these activists wanted to get away from the Bush/ Blair years?

http://markbennettlabour.wordpress....y-i-support-david-miliband-for-labour-leader/

this is why Ed Miliband ( who I was glad won) will never get to do what he wants. The Labour party after all those years of Blair and Campbell etc ( Bennett co edited Campbells diaries) is infested with supporters of the "Third Way" and New Labour.

"Our most successful Labour prime ministers have pushed reform with vision and vigour. David has the vision and vigour to push reform from the centre ground and is solidly in tune with the aspirations of voters "

"David has not been afraid to be challenging for the right reasons – think of the stance he took as Foreign Secretary against Israel, traditionally immune to diplomatic criticism, over the forging of British passports for the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh of Hamas."

David didnt challenge the US when it came to suppressing evidence of torture.

As for Israel apart from telling the Israelis that this was wrong David didnt do anything. It was all quietly forgotten. So I do not see the point Bennett is making.

Had some kind of vague run-in with the good Cllr over Twitter last night at Hub planning meeting. Apparently he is like that all the time...

Back
Top Bottom