Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Songs that can fill the dancefloor in the most contexts

I helped my mate DJ once when I was a student. He let me put Smells Like Teen Spirit on. If it had got to 9pm and was still a bit dead, that was your secret weapon back then. :cool:

Would it translate across now? Dunno. Young people seem to view the 90s like we did the 60s so ... maybe?

It's literally only Glasgow. Only you all think that everyone knows it because all Scottish telly is based in Glasgow too and they use it as a cultural reference all the time so it's like a big Glaswegian self-fulfilling prophecy that everyone loves the Slosh.
I grew up north of the Highland Boundary fault, and everyone there knew the Slosh since the 70s too. Same in Dunblane, where I lived 25 years.

I grew up north of the Highland Boundary fault, and everyone there knew the Slosh since the 70s too. Same in Dunblane, where I lived 25 years.
I wonder where the Slosh boundary is then. All my mum's side are from Fife, I grew up in rural East Lothian and I spent 7 years in the eastern Borders and never heard it played at a wedding once until I started hanging out with Glaswegians.

Back
Top Bottom