Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Solicitor to help settle pay dispute

Mrs Miggins

There's been a slight cheese accident
Hey all.

My partner hs not been paid properly for quite some time and is getting absolutely nowhere sorting it out with the HR department. The Unison rep doesn't seem to be much help so far either.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a solicitor we might be able to talk to.

We are in Brixton.

Thank you

Hey all.

My partner hs not been paid properly for quite some time and is getting absolutely nowhere sorting it out with the HR department. The Unison rep doesn't seem to be much help so far either.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a solicitor we might be able to talk to.

We are in Brixton.

Thank you
Try Thomson's, who act for unison members. I've had this problem at work (local authority), you could explain situation to manager and get them to escalate for you. But I'd try a different unison rep if one available: or email the big boss in hr, lay out the problem and see what they say.

Thanks Pickman's model

His immediate bosses aren't helping and emails to HR have been given the "we'll look into it" brush off.
OK. I'd email partner's big boss, straight to head of service / department / division and lay the problem before them, and explain how you've tried to sort it out but hr aren't listening. In your position I'd gloss over the inaction of the immediate managers, just say nothing you've tried has worked. Lay out all the proof of the issue, whether it's confusion between minutes in hour and hour expressed in decimal as it was for me or something else. Tell them how much back pay is owed. Delegation goes up as well as down

Last edited:
But I'd try a different unison rep if one available:

yes - or ask local union rep if they can escalate it to branch / region office (or whatever the set-up is)

some union reps don't (either initially or ever) realise that they aren't expected to solve everything on their own and do need to refer up the line sometimes...

Delegation goes up as well as down

I'm quite skilled at upward delegation...

Also, ACAS have a page on it here.

Note that there is a time limit for taking it to an employment tribunal (or has emplyer already dragged it out so long that the deadline has passed?)

ACAS do have a phone line that any individual can call for advice, but don't think they will provide representation.

Mentioning the phrase "unlawful deduction of wages" can concentrate minds in pay / HR departments.

Back
Top Bottom