Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Interview Help (NHS)

Weirdly this isn't for DBS but their ID checks. I've done a lot or DBS and CRB before that and printed statements haven't been a problem.
I guess it'll be mainly right to work stuff as to why they need ID docs - but any employer must accept that virtually everyone has everything online nowadays. I can't remember the last time I received a bank statement by post.

That said, there is always a risk people can forge bank statements so they might be paranoid - especially with the NHS given the risks.

I also realised a while back that I've also lost the replacement birth cert I paid for - hope I never need to produce one again to demonstrate that I am actually a real human being. :facepalm:

Ah, it looks like they broadly align with GPG45 and the acceptable docs are similar to those required for DBS. It does say that if a person can't provide originals they can ask the candidate to log in to an online account in their presence, etc.

I think that's why I had to get a copy of my birth cert as I didn't have a current passport at the time, and have never driven*. My docs were accepted without a problem back then. Now I've got a current passport that is all that's needed as they presumably can verify ID with the passport service.

* with a licence. I have driven twice - once on a random road in Leeds and once on the hard shoulder of a motorway when I was about 15. :oops:

don't think i've ever had to produce a bank statement to prove i exist

although i've not had to do a full DBS. i did do CRB when that was coming in, just over 20 years ago, as i was going to be handling CRB checks for taxi drivers - can't remember what i had to produce to prove who i was

NHS recruitment is kafka-esque

My friend was told her job offer would be rescinded if she couldn't get her professor to write a reference - an NHS employee who was on compassionate leave because her husband had died.

So it's no surprise they haven't told you about this requirement for ID and proof of address at any stage but just spring it on you with no notice.

not NHS, but my biggest job offer fail was one where offer was conditional on living within X miles of their place. i had said i was willing to move. i asked for something in writing i could show a landlord / letting agent. they wouldn't confirm i'd got the job until i had confirmed new address.

i didn't take the job...

ETA - that was the same place where some weeks after the interview, i got a 'no thanks' letter, then a week or so after that, they invited me to a second interview

Back
Top Bottom