Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So I've moved to Glasgow

19sixtysix

Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret
The last three months have been a mad scramble as I sorted out my life in London, packing sorting finding a new place to live. I've now moved my job and life to Glasgow. It's a good 25 years since I last lived here. Much has changed much is still familiar. I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing but I had to take the chance to try it so I'm after recommendations for getting into life here, urban glasgow drinks, gigs, countryside ideas and anything anyone thinks is interesting. I've moved to the Gorbals if anyone is local.

Cool I will be visiting Glasgow soon, looking forward to having a good look around, plus I am staying in a Castle!!! YAYAYAYYA!!!

The last three months have been a mad scramble as I sorted out my life in London, packing sorting finding a new place to live. I've now moved my job and life to Glasgow. It's a good 25 years since I last lived here. Much has changed much is still familiar. I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing but I had to take the chance to try it so I'm after recommendations for getting into life here, urban glasgow drinks, gigs, countryside ideas and anything anyone thinks is interesting. I've moved to the Gorbals if anyone is local.

The 'New Gorbals' near the Flying Jobbie you mean??

I suggest hiring a local tutor to teach you Glaswegian. Despite its similarities to English it's probably harder to understand than German or French. About equal to Japanese.

Thankfully though all the street signs etc are in English.

I suggest hiring a local tutor to teach you Glaswegian. Despite its similarities to English it's probably harder to understand than German or French. About equal to Japanese.

Thankfully though all the street signs are in English.

I have returned north to the city of my birth.

It's a level colder than london and now my boiler pump is dead. I have a fan heater and am wearing more layers.
If you have two duvets put both on the bed, that helps.

I've been permanently too hot for a while, I like the coolness at present.

It's actually quite warm here at present, you will soon get used to it. Hope you are settling in OK :)

According to the Met Office Glasgow is 12°C today, compared to 15°C in Manchester - no difference at all. If anything, it is too warm and muggy in Manchester. :(

dessiato - weather report needed for the tropics. :p

According to the Met Office Glasgow is 12°C today, compared to 15°C in Manchester - no difference at all. If anything, it is too warm and muggy in Manchester. :(

dessiato - weather report needed for the tropics. :p
Feels a bit warmer to be honest, intermittent rain. I have a window open for some fresh air, doesn't feel cold.

Maybe I'm a penguin...

Feels a bit warmer to be honest, intermittent rain. I have a window open for some fresh air, doesn't feel cold.

Maybe I'm a penguin...

Maybe you're a cold-blooded person like me (I'm half-Scottish) who doesn't feel the cold? I always feel boiling when everyone else is whinging about how cold it is. :D

Went back to south Wales after a 30 year stretch in London's east end ...
totally glad I did that time ...a life broadening experience...a real utter blast....more so in my youth ,perhaps
But totally glad that the hiraeth won out...and I came " home"

Best wishes to yer...

Weather is just clothing....if it's cold

Maybe you're a cold-blooded person like me (I'm half-Scottish) who doesn't feel the cold? I always feel boiling when everyone else is whinging about how cold it is. :D
I used to feel the cold terribly. Only two years ago I wore a fleece in the office in July! Now I can't get cold enough, especially at work.

Think it's something to do with my health issues, and/or medication...

Thankfully though all the street signs etc are in English.
You're not funny. Please fuck off.

It wasn't cold at all when I was there, the weather was gorgeous, I was walking around in sandals :)
I love Glasgow, why did no-one tell me how wonderful it is there already?
If anyone wants to do Glasgow drinks I would be up for it!!

Back
Top Bottom