Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annual parade of hate-addled dinosaurs in Glasgow

There was a big banner on the gas drums along the M8 til at least 1996!

danny la rouge
Yes, there was. But it was already out of date by then.

The worst, in my view, was “Glasgow - Scotland with style”.

The slogan now is “People Make Glasgow”. But it’s already over 10 years old. There’s probably a new one being consulted on already.

There was some thingy on the iPlayer about the problems gay people face in Northern Ireland, especially away from Belfast and Derry, focusing on some people trying to organise a pride march in some small, rural town. Was really surprised when the young gay bloke who seemed to be leading it also revealed that he was a member of the Orange Order. How does that work?

Last edited:
There was some thingy on the iPlayer about the problems gay people face in Northern Ireland, especially away from Belfast and Derry, focusing on some people trying to organise a pride march in some small, rural town. Was really surprised when the young gay bloke who seemed to leading it also revealed that he was a member of the Orange Order. How does that work?
Aye, but are you a Protestant gay or a Catholic gay?

Aye, but are you a Protestant gay or a Catholic gay?

Yeah, but that was the other thing, as one of the other people involved I would assume was a Catholic by the more traditional Irish name (might have been Brendan Something?).

My f-i-l was an orangeman. I have his bowler.
I found out a few years back that I have an orange great-granddad, I never really realised the Welsh orange order was a thing but apparently it is. I feel vaguely proud of this fact, just because it means that there's an Orangeman whose son married a Catholic, and then had their grandchild from that marriage go on to marry into a Jewish family. I bet my Orange great-granddad would be thrilled about that.

They wake me up at 8am on a Saturday morning once a year marching through this village - that's enough reason to dislike them.

Plus orange-y types tend to be Tory voters.
I wonder if you could use that as a valid excuse.
Well, your honour. I was woken suddenly by the noise, and in my dazed confusion I thought I'd been transported back to a time when that shit was acceptable. It was only after emptying my piss-pot out the window onto a fat, bald orange fella that I realised that wasn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom