Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Slug identification weekend - only £50

I lived in a house for about 6 months that had indoor slugs leaving slimey slug trails all over the place. It was grim :( I never worked out how they got in and moved in the end :D

As for the slug ID weekend i think i'll pass but it sounds like something farmerbarleymow would be interested in :D

Yep have lived in a couple of houses with slug invasions. I found one in the wock once. :shudder:

The courses actually all look great though the slug one is amazing value (as long as you don't have to eat slugs :D)

I'm going to try to do some of them, especially the real life ones. Would love to get some more id skills

It's next weekend! I received an email including this paragraph yesterday:D

Thank you for booking a place on the upcoming Identifying and Recording Slugs residential course at FSC Juniper Hall from the 2 to 4 September.

Imogen suggests that if you are bringing your own live specimens to follow these instructions. ‘Slugs should be kept in container(s) with a tight fitting lid and some air holes, with damp tissue and some food. Carrot is palatable to most species and breaks down slowly, so is my food of choice for captive slugs. Cucumber and lettuce/cabbage are also widely accepted, but the former goes very watery and the latter two decay quite quickly and smell bad.’
Should I bring a live Slug and get in the spirit of things or would this be cruel?

If anyone does want to come it will be a laugh. I bought a book for this course and it points out that slugs are universally hated but that this seems to be a survival mechanism because they get left alone.
Does this mean that we can love slugs to death. I think that would need volunteers

The courses actually all look great though the slug one is amazing value (as long as you don't have to eat slugs :D)

I'm going to try to do some of them, especially the real life ones. Would love to get some more id skills

The courses do indeed look excellent, and some of them seem to be very good value. Have bookmarked that page, thanks!

It was great! I totally made a fool of myself with the dissection part though :( (not that slug, it had been dead for years) I had never dissected anything before and didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

It was great! I totally made a fool of myself with the dissection part though :( (not that slug, it had been dead for years) I had never dissected anything before and didn't know what the fuck I was doing.
Are they mostly full of sexy bits???

Back
Top Bottom