Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sinead O'Connor has died

David Holmes has done a beautiful tribute show on his NTS show, God’s Waiting Room:
He was on the RTE tribute to Sinead last night. Came across as a serious pseud, and a creep.

Everyone was going on about how Gay Byrne patronised her when she was on the Late Late, but there was footage of her on the LLS and she was clearly unwell (this was when she'd been ordained in some unrecognized church), and he was clearly concerned for her.

Her family asked that they remove it
.apparently... they felt it was not a fitting representation of Sinéad.

I don't think it looked like her at all.
Horrible.

Her cause of death has been confirmed as COPD and asthma

Sinead O'Connor’s Cause of Death Revealed One Year After Her Passing (Sorry weird link / it’s either that or the Mail).

RIP Sinead

Here's the Sky News link

Sinead O’Connor died from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma, her death certificate has confirmed.

The death certificate stated the singer and activist died from "exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchial asthma together with low grade lower respiratory tract infection".

Very sad... 🥺🥺

Her version of Danny Boy on a Christmas show in 1993 was played at my Uncle's funeral, my mum heard it and mythered me to find a way that the funeral directors could play it in the church as they only had commercial recordings of it....it took some doing but it was well worth the effort. The acoustics in the church gave it an even deeper haunting beautifulness, if that was possible 🥀

Her version of Danny Boy on a Christmas show in 1993 was played at my Uncle's funeral, my mum heard it and mythered me to find a way that the funeral directors could play it in the church as they only had commercial recordings of it....it took some doing but it was well worth the effort. The acoustics in the church gave it an even deeper haunting beautifulness, if that was possible 🥀

I found that performance on YouTube after she died. Made me cry.

not a dry eye in the house

Back
Top Bottom