Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sinead O'Connor has died

So sad 😭 still remember the first time I saw her sing "Nothing compares..." on TV, of course I cried with her. I still listen to some of the songs from "The Lion and the Cobra" - it has aged very well.

She was so troubled, and had a chaotic life. RIP beautiful Sinead.

Sinéad has died on the same day as children's mental health services has been castigated in a report.

Sinéad fought for investigations into TUSLA and CAMHS after her son died in their care.

This is so sad.
She was so broken and damaged...and so talented and brilliant at the same time.
I hope she didn't die in distress and alone. 🥺🥺

Shocked, and sadened, much too young.
I think I knew that she was troubled, I hope she didn't do herself in.
RIP
I hope so too its very sad she had an amazing talent just like Dolores O'Riordan loved them both the death of Sineads son really affected her mental health which she always struggled with
Not sure how much it was publicized but her son took his life at 17 after escaping from suicide watch just last year and she had been posting about her troubles again

She was so confident at 20 too so sad that the press gave her such a hard time when she was having her down times

Talent. I wish that I had the courage in life to not only stand up for my beliefs but to not give a toss about the implications of doing so. Especially when the scales are tipped against you. I think the world could do with more Sinead O'Connors.

As an individual, I'd have loved to have known her. Imagine the conversation if she had popped round for Sunday dinner.

Liked because she'd probably laugh. But people who can actually read it (not being dead) won't laugh so.

Alright, fair enough. And for that I apologise. I wasn't here to have a go or upset anyone. She apologised for the racism so in the spirit of things I apoloise too.

FWIW, I loved Sinead. Mandika is one of my favourite tracks ever. I admire anyone who could've taken the almighty flack she did after SNL. Brave doesn't even come close. My Dad even worked with her once and last year we both watched the documentary 'Nothing Compares' together in at his home in Ireland. He also told me this funny story about having dinner with Sinead and a load of monks. It involved her squeezing lemon juice in his eye by mistake as she tried to drizzle it over her fish and him blurting out 'Jesus Christ' to a stunned silence. Including the monks, obvs.

Alright, fair enough. And for that I apologise. I wasn't here to have a go or upset anyone. She apologised for the racism so in the spirit of things I apoloise too.

FWIW, I loved Sinead. Mandika is one of my favourite tracks ever. I admire anyone who could've taken the almighty flack she did after SNL. Brave doesn't even come close. My Dad even worked with her once and last year we both watched the documentary 'Nothing Compares' together in at his home in Ireland. He also told me this funny story about having dinner with Sinead and a load of monks. It involved her squeezing lemon juice in his eye by mistake as she tried to drizzle it over her fish and him blurting out 'Jesus Christ' to a stunned silence. Including the monks, obvs.

Love that. She was completely unsuited for life on this earth and I'm the same. Having a very difficult time myself so for some reason this has really hit me today. Just very sad.

Very very sad ..
The last few years of her life were tragic..she was devastated after her son died.
May she rest in peace now..

🥺
Yeah, I came to post something like that. Usually with a great artist, when they die, there's sadness but a celebration of their art. Great as her music was, it just feels so sad that her life was so difficult. I'm tearing up to be honest. RIP.

Id forgotten just how much I loved her older performances and how much they changed me so having a few drinks watching and the day off tomorrow its such a huge loss
I just love how happy she was at the end in this performance of this is a rebel song though "thats the puppy" 👍:)

I was reminded in this article that prior to the Pope SNL incident, she talked about racism and discrimination in the American music industry at a time when that was rare for white artists. I'm so saddened at how she was treated for speaking truth to power.

Just gonna put what I put on FB last night.

I remember being 20, sat in front of the telly, watching TOTP. She came on, with those eyes, that hair, the tutu, big boots, and THAT voice, belting out Mandinka. I was transfixed. Sat there, gob dropped, and fell instantly and completely in love. She skinned me alive, left me raw, exposed, seen and heard. Went out next day, bought The Lion and the Cobra, listened to it obsessively for a year. The only other album I listened to was Tracy Chapman's.

Proper fucking heartbroken. Rest in sweet peace darling girl.

Back
Top Bottom