Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shut Manston down demo, Sunday 6 November

hitmouse

so defeated, thinks it's funny
Couldn't see a thread for this, or one that it seemed to fit in, so might as well have its own:
1667424203759.png
Our next major demonstration will be at Manston detention camp (CT12 5DF) on Sunday the 6th of November at 2pm. We will be arranging a coach to travel there from London, and will be trying to provide assistance for anybody on low-wage to be able to attend.

Manston is a concentration camp for migrants. 4,000 people, including many children, are being held there in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions, despite a max capacity of just 1,600.

When we visited the camp last Sunday, the people inside shouted to us across the barbed wire that they had been there for as long as a month, without access to lawyers, NGOs, adequate healthcare, or phones. It’s a humanitarian catastrophe. And interning people there illegally is a political decision taken by Suella Braverman and the Home Office.

We need to show the thousands of people trapped in Manston that we stand with them, that we welcome their arrival, and that we support their struggle to be free.

Detention facilities like Manston are deliberately located in places that are difficult to reach, ensuring that people held there are isolated and cut off from support.
Travel fundraiser is here:

Definitely a Manchester solidarity demo happening as well, not sure about other places:

Did anyone go to this? Wish I had the energy. I read the times report on it and its so horrific.
I didn't, but I'm impressed that anyone at all made it down there considering the vile weather - a few reports and articles:

Interesting to see the Standard giving it a relatively positive/neutral writeup?

Back
Top Bottom