Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should there be a second referendum?

Should there be a second referendum?

• Yes.

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If there were, I don't see so much evidence that the result would be different from the first.

I have heard that older leave voters are dying off and younger remain voters are reaching voting age, and while there may be some truth in that, I don't really see it affecting the result enough to change to remain.

The first one looks to have been gerrymandered to fuck - see the electoral commission's findings on overspending, Cambridge Analytica and Aaron Banks. The latter of course we'll have to see what the NCA's findings are but even so looks to be well dodgy at this point. So, second referendum? Interesting question. The gammons will explode if it goes against them so that could be a plus. Is it likely to happen? Probably not.

Indeed. Without a second referendum though, I don't see that happening.
I think it is becoming more likely by the week.

We're still in a weird pretend stage of the process. Some politicians are pretending that May's deal isn't dead while others are pretending that no deal is a real possibility, and some of course, including May herself, are pretending to hold both positions. Things might be clearer once one of those fantasies is formally off the table.

The decision whether we have a second referendum should surely be down to the European Parliament.

Having another referendum has many downsides. The thought of being relentlessly hectored again to vote remain, except more stridently this time.

Back
Top Bottom