Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shed / workshop.what's the best colour?

What colour do you think would be best?

• Total voters
btw that post from me was not a criticism - I have no garden right now and sometimes have little fantasies about having a garden and having a shed that actually is more of a summer house but not so posh (I'd go with the black colour scheme or very dark green).

A shed is being put up by my 80yr old dad and 2 of his equally elderly pals.
They're making the frame and buying cladding. Getting a second hand door and 2 windows.

The cladding comes in lots of colours. And I don't know which to go for.
So I was thinking pale grey as initially I thought it would sort of hide the shed against the wall but I was looking online and saw that a black shed will disappear in a garden.

It's a big enough shed and really it will also be a workshop. It's 15feet wide and 10ft deep and will have a slight gradient on the flattish roof.

I don't want it to look like it dropped out of the sky. And I'd like to hide the exposed right hand side with plants etc. Back and left side are close to walls. So the front will be the only part visible eventually.

Which colour would you go for?
Here they are
View attachment 178491

Rainbow stripes. Seriously. I'm 100% against dull. This is Magnolia Manor, my mother is terrified of colour, even the cushions are shades of grey, brown, white and beige. She went absolutely apoplectic when the guy they got in to do the kitchen painted the new doors - and their new shed - in Dulux Trade 'Soft Sage'. He persuaded her to wait a fortnight and, if she still hated them, he'd repaint them at his cost. When he returned to finish off the plumbing, and asked her if she wanted them repainted… "Well, actually Simon, they've really rather grown on me…". It's not a colour I'd have chosen - though I don't dislike it - but at least it's not white!

Okay, really being serious now - what if the main body of the shed was one colour and the door and window frames another…? Are those really the only colour options, or are there others…? I'm probably not the best person to be advising,I still have the same taste in colours that I did when I was a kid. The only colour I really do not like is red (pure red, add a bit of yellow or a bit of blue to it and fine (and, yes, I can tell, it's an autistic thing, I think))≥

How would he feel about turquoise…?

11-the-most-colourful-beach-hut-we-saw.jpg

WANT!! I'd seriously want to live in that. The red bar on the right looks a bit odd, though…

Back
Top Bottom