Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shambala 2022

chainsawjob

Kipping in the dunes
Who's going?

I'm working it with my usual people. I did that last year when it was Shambino too, and it was better than Shambala had been recently, smaller, and the music seemed better. Had a nice time.

I know Ground Elder is going to be there.

I’m going. Been to double figure amount but then took a few years break until 2019 which was my best ever Shambala.

My partner forgot to book Thursday off work so got that to hopefully sort first so we can camp with mates!

We are on the road, meeting folk camping with at Corley services.

My 21 year stepson is working his first Shambala (I don’t know what but sound related). We all went after a couple years break in 2019 & he said he understood now why we all loved it so much -that was his first time having mates there & not being a kid.

Got some mates coming for first time too & some after a break after I said how fab 2019 was.

Food vendors look fab & decent prices. I had a free ticket to Camp Bestival last weekend & pizza was £15!!!

:D Food vendors look fab & decent prices. I had a free ticket to Camp Bestival last weekend & pizza was £15!!!
That's good to hear. Yeah I paid similar for a pizza at Boomtown, shocking.

If they're here (they were for Shambino last year), check out South Indian Vegan Street Food, they're excellent, and very good portions.

Also there's apparently a 'Food for £7 quid' thing that some/all vendors offer, smaller meals for smaller price.

Have a fab time!

I've got my last shift on the gates today, then I'm freeeeee!

I really enjoyed her set, thought it was great. I would like it if anyone would cover a different RATM track though and not just killing in the name of.

I missed her but friends really enjoyed her set, and were excited about the secret headliner being her.

On the whole I really enjoyed it this year, the music seemed better.

I heard some good music but the line-up was in my opinion significantly affected by I assume Brexit & covid & was nowhere near as good as the many previous years I have been.

Charlotte Church was essentially a covers band & was a bizarre booking & even more bizarre coming on after KOG.

My stepson worked & helped set up the Reflex venue & helped with the sound on closing ceremony but he also managed to DJ (jungle set) about 3am in House Party going through the mouse hole. So this was the latest I have ever stopped up on a Sunday & was surprised how lively it still was.

I

I got to the mainstage just in time to catch Charlotte Church saying 'thank you and goodnight', so can't really comment :D Shambala never really been about the mainstage headliner anyway.

Mostly just enjoyed spending time with my daughters, their partners and friends. They loved it all as ever. Had a couple of entertaining evenings in the Waiting Room and a good dance in there on the Sunday night.

Other than managing to blag an electric hook up for the van - ice all weekend :cool: - my highlight was finding I'd been described as the 'most ordinary looking man at the festival' by a random stranger to my daughter.

Good to see chainsawjob again

Squatters Tights was full of win IMHO
enjoyed both Joe and the Shitboys and Killdren. As did Nick minor.
Less of this hippy shit and more shouting please. ( much as I love the hippy shit as well)

Squatters Tights was full of win IMHO
enjoyed both Joe and the Shitboys and Killdren. As did Nick minor.
Less of this hippy shit and more shouting please. ( much as I love the hippy shit as well)
Yes! Very much enjoyed the addition of Squatters Tights. Foxy Acetyline were very good, can't honestly remember the names of who else I saw, oh yes, saw Wonk Unit, and maybe also Sporadics.

IMG_20220827_235956.jpg

I also like Naughty Morty's as a venue. Nice space, nice fire. Music quite good for a dance.

I didn't bother with any of the secret venues tbh. Saw the queues and though nah.

I don't really rate the woods either tbh. Not very intimate for woods, too open. And haven't heard particularly good music in there over the years. But pretty.

Back
Top Bottom